Eagnas Stringing Machine

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Derek17, Jun 21, 2004.

1. Derek17

Derek17 Regular Member

I am looking a purchasing a new stringing machine.

I use to use the Klippermate but I found that it put lots of stress on the head of the racquet when stringing at high tensions.

Can anybody tell me if I can get away with purchashing a stringer from Eagnas? The price does seem right but I am worried about the quality.

Thanks

:) :)

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I don't get this. During re-string process (especially high tension), I believe any string machine will put "a lot of stress" on the frame, due to un-balanced force (i.e. when the racket is half way done). :confused:

Unless u mean, u don't feel comfortable with only 2 points support which only exist on vertical axis.

3. Runner23

Runner23 Regular Member

Stock Analyst

That's probably the reason why, plus the fact that flying clamps can feel a little insecure at high tensions.

4. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Which Eagnas machine are you referring to?

If you are referring to the similar 2-pt machine, then I would say forget about it.

5. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    There is no problem with the Eagnas 6-point, 10-support stringing machine. They are solidly built. The only weak spot is the height of the crank which is a bit low. While this is not a problem with stringing a racquet, the low height of the crank means you cannot use the crank to tension the finishing knots, as doing so will snap some types of string, especially BG68Ti. To be fair, not all stringing machines allow you to tension the finishing knots with the crank or tensioner with complete safety.

6. Derek17

Derek17 Regular Member

Good points there. Which model of the Eagnas line of machines would you recomend and for what reasons?
    Thanks for your suggestions. :)

7. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Tighten the knots using the crank or tensioner? Well, to me, it's not safe at all. The machine is designed to provide relatively balanced force with a proper height / angle. With adjusted position / angle during knotting, it might bring significant uneven force to the racket frame?

Of course, doing all the work by hand will create such force (might be less?) as well. Not sure. :rolleyes:

8. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

The Exthree and Gosen stringing machines are great for tightening the knots with the crank, using the same tension as used in the last string, because the crank is positioned higher than the racquet frame. The Eagnas has the crank slightly below the racquet frame, making it not as safe to use the crank to tighten the knots, although I have now found a way to do it. Tightening the knot with the crank ensures no loss tension when knotting, which would lose quite a lot of tension if you use other means. You can test it by simply moving the last string with your finger and it would feel looser than the string before, which is not good.

9. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

I would recommend the Eagnas Easy 3 because it is good value for money. It comes with a fixed clamp and a floating clamp. I would suggest you get another floating clamp, as using two floating clamps and one fixed clamp will ensure the strings clamped by the 2 floating clamps (you have to use a special technique for the 2 floating clamps) are as tightly held as the lone fixed clamp. As you may know floating clamps do not ordinarily clamp tight and as well as fixed clamp, but the special technique will overcome this.
    The Eagnas Easy 3 can string a racquet to 30lbs with no problem, as it is a 6-point 10 support system.

10. lacrito

lacrito New Member

student
    Hi
    I am looking a purchasing a new stringing machine. I haven't decided yet which one, I was thinking on a 6pt mount but prices are not cheap, so I'm thinking on a 2 pt mount and I found 2, the gamma x-2 (2 pt mount) and the eagnas hawk 26 (it says it has a 2pt mount with 2 extra support points providing 4 extra supports from outside or inside called 6 pt inside mount systems, which one will be the best? The difference in price is only $10 and as derek 17 I'm worried about quality too!
    Thanks

11. rich_r

rich_r Regular Member

Eagnas has very bad customer service. A friend ordered a machine took a month and half to deliver, and the machine had used part on it. They didn't even bother to reply the complain.

12. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

too bad, they are nice to me ...... hehez :D

Lily & Lee customer service is very nice, ... and gave me a pair of the badminton fixed-clamp (PN-1013) as a bonus everytime I purchase from them.
    they sent over Combo-912 within a week only to Singapore and using express courier (also similar when I purchased the Flash-737E).
    The parts may looks like used ones because they did a test before sending over the machine to customers.