Indonesian Fans !!! Any ???

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by Fook90, Jun 21, 2004.

1. Fook90

Fook90 Regular Member

Student
    I am a huge fan of Indonesia. I started this thread because I wanna know the number of people supporting Indonesia and who they support. I hope they are still some in BF.

2. mnda_315

mnda_315 Regular Member

I'm a big fan of my own country hehehe.. I support Sony Dwi Kuncoro.. I think he's gonna be a star.. (or maybe now he is???:confused: :D )..

3. |R|S

|R|S Regular Member

Student
    TAUFIK!!!!!!!
    other than him, i dont really see so much potential in sony or simon...
    sony doesnt have the flare, simon looks scared...
    taufik has it all! but got too big an ego i guess. hehe

i dont really like the new indo MD pair luluk/alven though... nothing special... can even say that they're fat... =X

i wont be surprised if INA wont smell the thomas cup for the next few times it's played.

4. Fook90

Fook90 Regular Member

Student
    I dun agree with you. I feel that Sony is a potential great player with great agility. He also has a strong smash. I am a huge fan of Alven / Luluk too. They are fast and Luluk is equipped with a strong smash.

Anyway I am not trying to find faults with you. If I have offended you, please accept my apologies.

5. *izzyC*

*izzyC* Regular Member

IMHO, I think that both Taufik and Sony are very talented but of course every player has their own weaknesses... For example, Taufik has very powerful smashes but his bad temper always gets in his way... I'm not really good at judging players, so i can't spot Sony's weakness in his game.. As for Alven/Luluk, I think they need more time to prove themselves...Btw, I do think that Alven is a little over weight.. :D No offence to his fans....

6. |R|S

|R|S Regular Member

Student
    wait wait... you mean luluk huh?
    luluk is the darker one with a small goatie, the brains of the pair..
    or is that alven? =P

7. *izzyC*

*izzyC* Regular Member

Are you talking about the weight issue? If yes, i'm talking about Alven... Alven is the one which looks fairer...

8. yotsang

yotsang New Member

teacher
    I'm a fan of Sigit Budiarto. I think he is really a brilliant badminton player. His reactions are extremely fast and judgements are very accurate. Everytime he returns the shuttle, the opponents will find it very difficult to smash it back because the shuttle always going downward near the net or pushed to the back of the court ( very high quality returns ). He could create a lot of opportunities for his partner to smash.
    Sigit could also make very sharp backhand and forehand returns at the net, very attractive and beautiful strokes. His defence is also incredible!!
    He is very 'charming' because of his confidence (especially when he was lagged behind ). He always shows 100% confidence to win the game and he can give extraordinary returns, not feared of anyone.
    I really hope that he will not retire after the Olympics this year, then I can enjoy some more of his fantastic games. :)

9. mnda_315

mnda_315 Regular Member

do you guys still remember Ricky-Rexy?? they both played very awsome..I can't remember very well how they played cause at that time I was a little kid..but as far as i remember they played sooo good..I think they're one of the best Indo mens double player...Wish I could see them play:eek: ..Wonder what if they reunited and play again (arghhh but they are too old..):D

10. lkasari

lkasari New Member

SUSI SUSANTI & ALAN BUDIKUSUMA

I will always remember those time when Indonesia was the best in badminton
    Special thanks to SUSI SUSANTI & ALAN BUDIKUSUMA, who has brought Indonesia to win the olympic gold medals

11. kusuma

kusuma Regular Member

Badminton

Hello Boys and girls
    i am a fan from indonesia badminton players. Have someone games of indonesia badmintonplayers of DVD, VCD or videotapes.

When yes please sent me your list to my E-Mail-Adress: skelllner@aol.com

Thank you very much

Your sincerely

Stephan from Germany

12. armortec800

armortec800 Regular Member

About Susi Susanti and her national triumph-First Olympic Gold Medal for Indonesia

source:
    www.olympic.org

Indonesians had been competing in the Olympics since 1952, but had never won a gold medal until badminton was added to the Olympic program in 1992. At the Barcelona Games, Susy Susanti qualified easily for the final, outscoring her first four opponents 88-22. However, a determined Bang Soo-hyun of Korea won the first game 11-5. Then Susanti took charge, winning the second game 11-5 and the third game 11-3. Two hours later, her fiancé, Allan Budi Kusuma, won the men's badminton title. When Susanti and Kusuma returned to Indonesia, the celebration in their honour included a two-hour parade through the streets of Jakarta that was led by a car carrying a gigantic shuttlecock. The following year, Susanti faced Bang in the final of the 1993 world championships. Again Bang won the first game, but again Susanti came back to win the next two games. At the next Olympics, in 1996, the two were matched in the semifinals. This time Bang emerged victorious. However Susanti recovered to win the bronze medal match against Korean Kim Ji-hyun 11-4, 11-1. Susanti and Kusuma married in 1997.

13. novl

novl Regular Member

Financial Advisor
    Maybe Taufik and Sony should get engaged to their female team members and they'd all win gold medals next month.

14. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c

it sounds very funny but i must say that i think you are treading on very dangerous grounds coz i think this might be taken the wrong way by most or some.

just saying. no hate mail pls :D

15. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    I am a fan of Sigit's as well. I am of the opinion that the Indonesian Team is hard done by the bureaucrats. Indonesia, being one of the badminton superpowers, has very few youngblood coming up even though the talent and popular support is there. Indonesia is one of the few countries that could compete toe-to-toe with China in badminton. Reform is needed at the top in that organization.

#15 cappy75, Jul 11, 2004
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2004
  16. Phoebe_hsw

Phoebe_hsw Regular Member

I love Chandra Wijaya as well...but unfortunately his performance...aiks~~~:(

met Rexy and Marleve Mainaky in Malaysia Open 2004,they r quite friendly....

17. novl

novl Regular Member

Financial Advisor
    I also thought that Indonesia didn't have any youthful talent, but to my surprise two young guys made it to the MD semi-finals at the Malaysian Open. Markis Kidho and Hendra Setiawan. Does anyone have info about these two?

18. Smashking

Smashking Regular Member

I am a fan as well. But I love the older generation, all the GREAT INDOENSIAN LEGENDS OF BADMINTON

To name a few :

Tan Joe Hok (1x All England Champion 1959, first Indonesian won)
    Rudy Hartono (8x All England Champion, 10x apperances in All England Finals)
    Liem Swie King (3x All England Champion, 8x apperances in All England Finals)
    Susi Susanti (4x All England Champion, 5x apperances in All England Finals)
    Christian/Ade Chandra (2x All England Champion)
    Tjun Tjun/Wahjudi (6x All England Champion, 8x apperances in All England Finals)

19. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

I think Ricky/Rexy is the best Indo pair. May even be slightly better than
    Candra/Tony. Ricky/Rexy play the game so smoothly that you can hardly
    see any chances for their opponents.

btw, after watching Park Joobong/Kim Doonmoon playing Antonius/Kantono,
    I have been wondering whether this pair is even better than Ricky/Rexy. :)

20. fabcargo

fabcargo Regular Member

badminton
    Indonesia

Hi All,

As you all probably know already, CHairul Tanjung the head of PBSI is stepping down soon.
    The hot new candidate to replace him is Dahlan Iskan, the media magnate from east java.

Being a fellow east javanese, i can tell you that the PBSI will be in good hands with him. He is a very good and FAIR biz man. He heads hundreds of companies in Indonesia and a few in China too! He speaks mandarin fluently!

I trust that all the corruptions and like/dislike factor in the national training centre will be gone. So only the individuals both players and coaches with great potential will be taken in the national traning centre.

I wish for the best for Indo Badminton.

Rgds,
    G