Want to get better?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Matt Ross, Jun 22, 2004.

1. Matt Ross

Matt Ross Regular Member

Student
    Hi Guys,

Just wanted to bring your attention to this. Fitness is one of the key aspects of badminton now days, you just have to look at Lin Dan to see there is not an ounce of fat on him, pure fitness. So, if you want that to get that little bit better to represent your county/state then get on that treadmill.I have come across two websites that i consider gold dust for any athlete.

www.netfit.co.uk - Website that caters for everyone, even has sports specific routines out there, plyometrics and stretching etc.

www.pponline.co.uk - A tremendous site and looks at all the science behind exercise. Looks at developing power and fast twicth fibres, aswell as plyometrics, endurance etc. Just take down a look down the left hand side you are spoilt for choice.

Any other websites, list on here so people can have a quick reference back to it.

2. bighook

bighook New Member

student
    Nice websites .Thanks for the reference.I totally agree with you about fitness being of paramount importance.I also think it boosts ones confidence knowing that you may be able to outlast your opponent.Many a time it saved my ass in a tournament.Round after round especially if you are playing more than one event .Anyways good find .Thanks for sharing.

3. Iwan

Iwan Regular Member