Jens/Jesper

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Byro-Nenium, Jun 3, 2001.

1. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    Has the performance of this pair dropped? they may be ranked 1st in the world but i find that its because they participate in more tournaments than the Indonesians...... i mean they were beaten by a freshly made combination of Flandi/Sigit at the Sudirman Cup.....

whats up with Jens/Jesper?

2. Andy

Andy Guest

europeans have a greater opportunity 2 participate in more tournaments than asian teams due 2 lack of good pro players and better sponsorship money

therefore europeans r always ranked higher even tho dey r shite
    say 4 instance peter gade who plays in almost every high ranking comp
    while only a few chinese players r selected 4 important events due 2 lack of sponsorship money

if u check da rankings often u would b able 2 c d amount of tournaments d europeans play in

camillar martin is a good example
    she has been playing really shite 4 da last year and has always been stopped when she meets a experienced chinese pro
    and yet she holds on 2 da number 1 spot 4 dis long

3. Henrik

Henrik Guest

No, you are wrong ! - they have to travel to lot of tournaments to earn a decent living. The prices and sponsorship money are not big here, since badminton is a relatively small sport in Europe. Anyway I can't see why people should be punished for participating in many tournaments. They live half of the year in a suitcase so to speak, because Asia is the center of badminton. So of course when you are over there you might as well play a lot of tournaments to develop as a player and gain experience from playing the top players. Something that Camilla can't very well do here, since she is the only one in DK (and in Europe ) at top level in the ladies' single.

So I think you need to have a little more respect for our players - we certainly
    have great respect for the Asian players here in DK, and we would love for more of them to show up, when we have our open tournaments *SIGH*. Camilla was world champ in 1999 and runner up at the Olympics in 2000, so maybe she is not as "shitty" as you suggest. I think she needed a break after that and before she started training for the 2001 WC. And since Gade many times has repeatedly played most of the other players out of the court, I think he has earned his number one ranking. Btw. he has been up there for the last 3-4 years, which is very difficult in a highly competetive game like this. So please have some respect. Otherwise people will start to believe that you don't know what you are talking about, and we wouldn't want that, would we ? :)