what shuttlecock is better yonex or rsl

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by smah_hits, Jun 29, 2004.

1. smah_hits

smah_hits New Member

what is more better for competitive use:D

2. carlol

carlol Regular Member

entreprenuer
    id go for rsl for the simple reason that they fly just as well, have good quality standards, and most especially.... cost less than yonex birdies.

RSL Tourney classic is pretty expensive but is pretty much up there in my book.

I normally use RSL Standard or silver feather for usual day to day games. They cost less but give an enjoyable game as well. :D

3. double

double Regular Member

The best shuttlecock I'd used is Yonex Tournament.

4. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    are you organizing a tournament or is this just for your 'competitive' play among friends?

i find at my place rsl is more popular among the slower pace players (think rally, smash and repel and stuff). the fight is nice and consistent and the speed very standardized. (speed 77)

for fast games (1-2-3 smash kill. next point) yonex shuttles as30 and as40 seem to be more popular. they tend to be faster than rsl (note. speed 2 or 3) this type of play seems to go hand in hand with the betting groups (of all sizes)

this can be highly subjective however if your area has more choices of the speed of the shuttle that you buy.

5. brandonwong

brandonwong Regular Member

CRM Executive
    I'm using RSL No.1 Tourney and Protech but i found out i still prefer the RSL one

Regards

6. worms

worms Regular Member

Here in the Phil. RSL no.1 tourney and CHAO PAI red are just the same. I prefer the CHAO PAI red. You guys should try it.
    Hope this can help :D

Regards

7. jester

jester Regular Member

RSL, Yonex, Chao Pai

I agree with you "kababayan". Been using Chao Pai red and it's good enough. Cheaper even than RSL Tourney or Silver. Got mine from Sports City in Greenhills. Where do you get yours and how much. Got Victor gold shuttlecocks a year ago from the same supplier and was really impressed. So when I went to China two months ago, I bought a lot coz they were really cheap there. Too bad though, they were old stock. They were brittle and light. Now I'm experimenting on "steaming" them. Will see the result tomorrow when I play with my friends at the Metro Sports...

8. MarkinJapan

MarkinJapan Regular Member

kouchou sensei!
    Agreed. For Tournaments thats all we use. For serious games at practice, we use Yonex New Offical. Normal drills, Yonex Hi-clear. For drills that beat the crap out of birds, Yonex Standard. Big difference between a Tournament and Standard in terms of life span.

9. altreality

altreality Regular Member

Wow... Yonex Tournament / Official .. these are what I used to buy all the time - now I can only get the AS series here in S'pore....

anyway, I think victor and ashaway shuttles are also very decent in terms of flight and price...

10. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    So far, as shuttles price are increasing (many brands), I only see Yonex's price isn't increasing. This is actually a plus to them at this very mement, so consumers now can choose Yonex shuttles since everyone know is expensive.
    I will stick with AS-30 for practice, AS-40 for games, and AS-50 for good days :). Other than that, I would only use Victor Champion and Tourney. Yes, I agree and think Victor makes pretty good shuttles. Their prices are reasonable (in Taiwan), and they have many grades/selections that you can choose from.

The performance of Yonex shuttles is good after you steam them. I always do that to prolong the durability of feather shuttles.

RSL....it's too expensive and too rare in Taiwan and US.

11. carlol

carlol Regular Member

entreprenuer
    how much dyu pay for chao pai red? i found em a bit expensive at PhP700 compared to the PhP600 RSL Silver feather and the PhP500 RSL Standard.