User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 61
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    California Bay Area
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Help! Received broken MP99 at ebay

    Today, I received the MP99 that I bought from ebay on June 20th. The racket was shipped from Thailand in a brown racket-shape box without any shock aborbent meterials. When I opened the package, I found that the racket was broken near the T-joint position. It looks like this can be caused by either unprofessional packaging or bad string job (or both). (I've asked him to string it at 22lbs).

    I've emailed the seller and gave him links to the pictures but he still hasn't responded yet. The seller's ebay ID is sumai03. I'm sure some of you have probably bought rackets from him before. I would really appreciate it if you guys could offer me some advice about how to get my money back.

    Here's the link to the auction that I won:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWN:IT


    Here are some pictures:
    Last edited by caldude; 07-02-2004 at 10:45 PM.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    California Bay Area
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    here's another pic



  3. #3
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,961
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    i doubt any bad string job at 22lb will break a racket. most likely it was damaged during shipping due to inadequate packaging.

    the seller's auction says the item is located in the US but it was shipped from Thailand?

    none of your pictures worked.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    TW
    Posts
    3,949
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldude
    Today, I received the MP99 that I bought from ebay on June 20th. The racket was shipped from Thailand in a brown racket-shape box without any shock aborbent meterials. When I opened the package, I found that the racket was broken near the T-joint position. It looks like this can be caused by either unprofessional packaging or bad string job (or both). (I've asked him to string it at 22lbs).

    I've emailed the seller and gave him links to the pictures but he still hasn't responded yet. The seller's ebay ID is sumai03. I'm sure some of you have probably bought rackets from him before. I would really appreciate it if you guys could offer me some advice about how to get my money back.

    Here's the link to the auction that I won:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWN:IT


    Here are some pictures:
    Your Pictures didn't work; Dead Links. Don't use pictures from geocities because they won't work. Yahoo's Geocities blocks images outside its network, so you can not use them in here. However, you can just use attachments below to make it shown.

    According to the description, he shipped it with the shipping insurance, so I guess you can get your money back with that. Also, he has been on the ebay for a long time, he should be pretty reliable. Let us know how things are going.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    California Bay Area
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sorry about the pictures, please go to the link below for pictures:

    http://photos.yahoo.com/triplelake
    Last edited by caldude; 07-02-2004 at 11:15 PM.

  6. #6
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,961
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldude
    still doesn't work. it is best to post it here as attachments.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    California Bay Area
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    it should work now :

    http://photos.yahoo.com/triplelake

    Please click on "MP99"

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Sunnyvale, CA United States
    Posts
    288
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    HOLY!!! .....

  9. #9
    Regular Member jug8man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    2,098
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    perhaps it would be more adviseble to ship racquets with out being strung in the future. strung racquets should be more sensitive to changes in tempreture or bumps during the shipping process.

    tough luck dude.

    good luck onthe insurance claim.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    California Bay Area
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have a question regarding insurance claim. Is it the seller's responsibility to claim the insurance? i.e. Should he give me a refund first and then he go deal with the insurer? Also, does he need to refund the shipping and handling cost to me also?
    (The auction stated that insurance is included in the shipping and handling cost.)
    Thanks a lot.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    TW
    Posts
    3,949
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldude
    I have a question regarding insurance claim. Is it the seller's responsibility to claim the insurance? i.e. Should he give me a refund first and then he go deal with the insurer? Also, does he need to refund the shipping and handling cost to me also?
    (The auction stated that insurance is included in the shipping and handling cost.)
    Thanks a lot.
    Since the racket originally sent from Thailand, you need to check with Thailand Post office. Perhaps the seller can help.

    You need to have the original receipt, which is usually held by the seller, in order to claim the insurance.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    no way a bad string job did that kind of damage, likely cause by something heavy sat on the racket. Seller likely pay u when he get the insurance money. Welcome to the world of toss and roll shipping. The word 'FRAGILE' mean nothing to the handlers. Do u know the movie Ace Ventura?? It document how UPS handle their parcels. Too long to post it here,

    http://sfy.ru/sfy.html?script=ace_ventura
    Last edited by cooler; 07-03-2004 at 12:57 AM.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    San Francisco/Mountain View
    Posts
    181
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have heard that this seller is located in the US but his shipments all come from his friend/partner/etc. from Thailand. Not sure how he gets away with this little white lie other than no one's really complained too loudly before.

  14. #14
    Regular Member ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Malaysian Citizen of the World
    Posts
    13,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    maybe he shipped you a broken racket.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    California Bay Area
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I just looked at the shipping label carefully and found that he put down $30 as the value of the contents. The name of the courier is EMS International Courier THAILAND. Does it mean that insurance claim will only give him maximum of $30?

    Is he screwed or am I screwed? I paid for the auction in full using paypal. Can I file a claim using the Paypal Buyer Protection Program?

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Sunnyvale, CA United States
    Posts
    288
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldude
    I just looked at the shipping label carefully and found that he put down $30 as the value of the contents. The name of the courier is EMS International Courier THAILAND. Does it mean that insurance claim will only give him maximum of $30?

    Is he screwed or am I screwed? I paid for the auction in full using paypal. Can I file a claim using the Paypal Buyer Protection Program?
    YES! File a claim!

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    TW
    Posts
    3,949
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldude
    I just looked at the shipping label carefully and found that he put down $30 as the value of the contents. The name of the courier is EMS International Courier THAILAND. Does it mean that insurance claim will only give him maximum of $30?

    Is he screwed or am I screwed? I paid for the auction in full using paypal. Can I file a claim using the Paypal Buyer Protection Program?
    I think you should give paypal a call and ask them if you are elgible for the buyer protection program. There is a customer's line you can call, just go to paypal and look for the number (I forgot where it is). I am not sure how they would handle this special case, which is partial insured & international shipping.

    If he put down $30 as the value of the content, then you can only claim for $30 in the post office. I bet the purpose of doing this is for custom purpose. Hopefully you can get full amount back via PayPal.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Broken handle on MP99
    By Russki Bear in forum Broken Rackets
    Replies: 9
    : 08-26-2005, 10:01 AM
  2. Warranty question on my broken mp99
    By clementyip in forum Broken Rackets
    Replies: 9
    : 01-04-2005, 07:23 AM
  3. Trying to sell a broken MP99
    By i_love_you in forum Market Place
    Replies: 20
    : 10-28-2004, 02:37 AM
  4. IS this Mp99 on ebay real?
    By Scriber in forum Market Place
    Replies: 3
    : 02-20-2004, 02:32 PM
  5. My MP99 has broken
    By Snowmen in forum Broken Rackets
    Replies: 13
    : 08-03-2003, 10:41 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •