Cambridge UK

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by BatGirl, Jul 5, 2004.

1. BatGirl

BatGirl Regular Member

Embedded software engineer
    Hey,

Hello all! I'm new to this forum, so here goes...

Started playing badminton at a local club when I was, hmm, quite young, maybe ten? Was distracted from playing for a few years at university (I know, I know, the ideal time to keep playing and progress :( ...) but have been playing again now for about three years, gradually increasing from one or two games a week to about four these days, with various groups.

Reached the point of frustration with my game recently so have got together with some friends to get some coaching, there being a slight dirth of organised coaching sessions in Cambridge ... Hope to undo some of the years of bad habits, and generally improve my game!

Am attending the LIBA workshop in Littleport next weekend too (and really looking forward to it) which should be great. I'm hoping to join one of the local clubs next season as well as my usual various social games, and see where that takes me...

Look forward to chatting to you all ... :D

2. sunny

sunny New Member

Senior Sys Developer
    Welcome to badmintonforum batgirl :) I will meet you there in the LIBA workshop

3. BatGirl

BatGirl Regular Member

Great! It should be a fantastic weekend ... feeding the ol' badminton addiction :D

4. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Welcome and I'm sure that I speak for a lot of the posters here that it would be great if you and Sunny could write and post your experience with LIBA sessions.

Cheers.

5. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)
  6. skates

skates Regular Member

Designer. Also working with Lee Jae Bok promoting
    I'll be involved in all the workshops and I hope to be able to take some pictures each day to post on the LIBA website.

We have Korean National Ladies Champion Young Sook Lee helping out at some of the workshops. At some stage she and Lee Jae Bok usually have an exhibition game or two.

Skates

7. BatGirl

BatGirl Regular Member

Day one involved going over the basic techniques: grip, basic shots, basic footwork patterns for front court, some doubles situations etc. Principles and ideas were demonstrated by Lee Jae Bok and Young Sook Lee, exercises shown and then carried out in groups of two or three, with Lee, Young Sook, and Skates moving around the groups to give additional feedback and help.

With lots of more advanced players attending, day two upped the tempo from the very first half-hour of warm-up exercises...

Footwork drills were practiced for both front-court and rear-court, various shots, tactics and deceptions were demonstrated and practiced for both singles and doubles games. Some singles games were played, and later a mini-doubles tournament, to try and apply the lessons learned.

The pace was fast, there was a lot of content in the two days (and I really hope to try and introduce as much as I can into my own game in the coming weeks) and it was exhilarating, if a little tiring (!), fun. :D A great opportunity ...

8. other

other Regular Member

Student
    sounded good!
    maybe they can get one in cambridge next time....haven't passed my driving test yet so didn't go.. :rolleyes:

clubs in cambridge....i've only been to three but happy to help:)