Thai prices for AT800!

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by BobbyGeneric, Jul 6, 2004.

1. BobbyGeneric

BobbyGeneric Regular Member

IT professional
    Does anyone know the current prices one can expect to pay for AT800 (both OF and DE) in Bankok? Please post them here. I have a friend going there this weekend and want to get some new racquets. :D Thanks!

2. BobbyGeneric

IT professional
    Nobody has an idea? Any help would be much appreciated!

I already have the info about the stores (mainly WTC) from previous threads, now i'm just wondering what kind of prices can expect to be paid? Thanks!

3. nutty

nutty Regular Member

Government Officer
    I'm pretty sure the prices won't be above 5000 baht, although I'd say they'd be very close to it, like maybe 4890 or something like that. That's just how much they sell the highest end rackets for, but yeah, a rough estimate for ya :)

4. Champ

Champ New Member

Champ

The price mentioned by Nutty is very correct which is at the shopping malls. If in Yonex Centres, they have already discounted the price of AT800 which should be some where 3,900 baht. The cheapest place in Thailand is at Sanam Suk behind MBK Hall which is just 5 mins by cab (without traffic) or 15-20 mins walk....you can get AT800 DF, OF around at 3,300 baht (USD83)....

5. nutty

nutty Regular Member

Government Officer
    The Sanam Suk that Champ mentioned is probably the same as the National Stadium. Behind there, there are a bunch of shops that sell badminton things, but I haven't been there in a long time since I remember that the Yonex WTC discounted prices were similar. Champ, specifically what shop name is it that you can get for those prices? Did you bargain? Maybe I can get my mom to go since she loves bargaining (in Thai, of course).

6. bambini

bambini Regular Member

bldg administrator
    whoa! that indeed is very cheap! almost half the price of a SP version in hong kong!

7. BobbyGeneric

IT professional
    thanks a lot for the help guys, those prices are awesome, and not to forget there's the 7% VAT that can be taken off at the airport :D

prices here for AT800's are currently about $240CAN (~US$190), down from $300CAN when they could only import the JP version

8. Champ

Champ New Member

Yes, Sanam Suk is the National Stadium...U know a lot about Bangkok. By the way Nutty are u a Thai?...I've checked with my friend and there are around 4 badminton shops next to each other and the rest are all mixed (selling various sport equipments). I know only 2 shops 1) First, 2) Sport Mind... The prices are already discounted (I wonder it they will reduce the price of more than 100 Baht (US$2.5) coz they sell the cheapest in Thailand).

9. nutty

nutty Regular Member

Government Officer
    Yes, I happen to be Thai :) Just currently overseas at the moment :)

10. simple

simple Regular Member

Software developer
    Dear Thais,
    I will going to bangkok in 2 months time for 2 months project. Planning to buy racquet since the price is much more cheaper than malaysia. Anyone can give me some hints on how much all this racquet cost in bangkok? Maybe can join u all hit some birdies :)
    -YY T10
    -YY AT700
    -YY MP99
    -YY Cab30

Thank you very much :D

11. nutty

nutty Regular Member

Government Officer
    As far as I know, Yonex Thailand does not stock the Ti-10 anymore and also will not be stocking the Cab 30MS, as I have personally checked into that and that have no plans of bringing it into the Thai market. As for the MP99 and AT700, the discounted prices at the WTC shop should be not more than 4000 baht, maybe 3890 for the AT700 and slightly a few hundred cheaper for the MP99 if memory serves me correct.

12. simple

simple Regular Member

Software developer
    Hai nutty!
    Thank you for ur fast reply :) So can i draw a conclusion that WTC is the cheapest place for MP99 and AT700 lor izzit? :rolleyes:

13. nutty

nutty Regular Member

Government Officer
    Hmm, as said above, maybe the National Stadium area will be cheaper but you would definitely need some Thai, as they don't speak much English.

14. LKL002

LKL002 Regular Member

Hi Champ,

My friend will be going to Bangkok in 2 weeks. He is planning to pick up some AT800 DF/OF. Do they have 4U at WTC and/or MBK Mall? I suppose anything below 4,000 baht would be the normal price, right? Thanks for the info. ;)

LKL002

15. Champ

Champ New Member

Hi, I am quite sure that they will have 4U (AT800) at WTC at the price just below 4,000 baht. But if you want the cheaper price around 3,300-3,500 then I recommend you to go to Sanam Suk which is behind MBK.

16. manabu

manabu Regular Member

Dr
    ok ppl..... letz get some group buys rolling, Im pretty sure that selling 100 within this forum is no prob, I will take 10 right here right now! :mad:

17. bambini

bambini Regular Member

bldg administrator
    sorry i'm lost...what exactly do you mean

18. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    Wow. 4000 Baht = 100 US$. We are paying almost double the price here in North America. These local badminton stores are really having at least a 50% profit. Not bad.

19. libra

libra Regular Member

Am I right to assume that Thailand is not THE place to get the CHEAPEST badminton products? From what I've read in this thread the prices quoted here are way cheaper than anywhere else. Lucky Thais :rolleyes:

20. Champ

Champ New Member

Yes, may be we can send you the rackets by FedEx from here but don't know if there will be any tax charges when entering North America...