User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey Kelvin, sorry to hear that. I also tore some muscle in my right arm about 4 months ago. At first I kept playing with it cuase the pain was bearable at first, but later it got worse and worse and finally I had trouble lifting my small pom (8 lb dog) with my arm. I totally know what you mean by sharp pain in the muscle. Well that finally rang a bell and I stopped for about 3 weeks and I played carefully since. it seems like my arm is much better now but still hurts after an awkward shot. Maybe I should have rested longer than 3 weeks but this game is too addicting for me to sit out even that long.

Anyways, use lots of heat pad when you get a chance since increased blood flow to the injured area also speeds up healing. Good luck and start using your left arm as well. btw, my favorite player Yang Yang is left handed. Maybe you can watch his video and learn the swing and footwork. good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to hear bout your injury Kelvin. How long have you been injured and how long have you been going thru the treatments? I really hope and i'm sure all the BCfers wish one day that you can play back again. Since you are staying in Canada.. i can recomend my fren who is a good doctor. I'm sure he can help you in your condition. Which part of Canada do you stay.. if can you may PM me to give me full details of your condition and what you have been thru.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi!

I have been reading and considering what a lot of you have said regarding alternative medical treatment...
    The problem right now is my forearm is swollen around the torn muscle, and I've been going to physio, with great anguish... I realize sports injuries no matter what injury and what sport are like a double edged sword, causing both physical, and mental stress on people.

The tear was apparently rather serious, and I keep replaying the intial cause of the injury over and over in my head, saying that I should have done things differently, but what's done is done.
    I mean it's been about 2 months, and I kept trying to play for the two months and do regular activities, such as frisbee, volleyball, basketball, and (american football), and baseball with my arm, and probably caused more harm than anything through this time period... so really I am reaping what I have been sewing

Do you guys know of the Chinese/Asian rubbing alcohol treatment that eastern medical practitioners recommend?
    Well I've been on that for the last little while... *fans nose area with left hand...* it stinks! LOL

I've also been doing the hot & cold treatments, and like I mentioned doing different types of exercise in physio now, but, because the muscle is torn, the "experts" were telling me that I really should not be doing anything on the arm until I show signs of improvement with the muscle area, before continuing.... can anyone say malpractice??????
    Again... I'm just a little frustrated, but trying to take things in stride.

I'm still studying my books right now preparing for my MCAT so this gives me more time to focus now

Also your suggestions about watching videos, is dually noted!!
    I like that suggestion. hehehe.

Thank you all so very much again for all your support you guys!!
    Seriously it is awesome to see, and read this from many folks I do not know and have not met, and it is good for the heart to know people out there have gone through similar situations and are able to suggest alternatives and other things I can do.
    Thank you again!!

-Kelvin
    PS: I was thinking about acupuncture, but until the forearm muscle actually heals... I dont know if having my muscle contract, would be such a good idea right now, as it is tough enough lifting, or moving my arm aside to perform other tasks LOL I can picture myself screaming aloud in the doctor's office while receiving acupuncture and scaring off the first timers LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpalot
    hey Kelvin, sorry to hear that. I also tore some muscle in my right arm about 4 months ago. At first I kept playing with it cuase the pain was bearable at first, but later it got worse and worse and finally I had trouble lifting my small pom (8 lb dog) with my arm. I totally know what you mean by sharp pain in the muscle. Well that finally rang a bell and I stopped for about 3 weeks and I played carefully since. it seems like my arm is much better now but still hurts after an awkward shot. Maybe I should have rested longer than 3 weeks but this game is too addicting for me to sit out even that long.

Anyways, use lots of heat pad when you get a chance since increased blood flow to the injured area also speeds up healing. Good luck and start using your left arm as well. btw, my favorite player Yang Yang is left handed. Maybe you can watch his video and learn the swing and footwork. good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Kelvin,

With another few weeks of rest and playing only about once a week, my arm is definitely getting better but my legs are getting weaker . I took a chance last night and lifted a dumbell ( 40lb ) but not without pain. I managed a few reps and thank god my arm isnt any worse today so I think the rest definitely helped. But keep in mind my rest was pretty strict. I didnt lift or do anything that required the use of my right arm lol. Anyways, the only way to find out if it helps is not move your arm ( put it in a cast ) for a month. Good luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2