User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it seems like ankle is the most prone badminton related injuries.
    It would be clearer if the subject identify his/her injured ankle from their racquet foot or non-racquet foot, or from any other appendages. I think i have mentioned before that mine was the non racquet foot ankle.
    Last edited by cooler; 07-13-2004 at 02:32 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    It would be clearer if the subject identify his/her injured ankle from their racquet foot or non-racquet foot, or from any other appendages. I think i have mentioned before that mine was the non racquet foot ankle.
    mine would be the non racket foot.... if that means the left foot if im right handed....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by carlol
    mine would be the non racket foot.... if that means the left foot if im right handed....
    dont get at me, i didn't cause your injury

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't remember if this was "the first" injury, but one of the more painful ones...

During the earlier days of high school and steel framed racquets, we were practising clears from base line to base line.

The team had a lot of players thus we were standing close together as we drilled.

I was bending down to pick-up the shuttle to the right of me, in which the player beside me was completing his stroke.

He clearly created a golf-ball sized lump on the top of my head! *ouch*

Cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Break-My-String
    I don't remember if this was "the first" injury, but one of the more painful ones...

During the earlier days of high school and steel framed racquets, we were practising clears from base line to base line.

The team had a lot of players thus we were standing close together as we drilled.

I was bending down to pick-up the shuttle to the right of me, in which the player beside me was completing his stroke.

He clearly created a golf-ball sized lump on the top of my head! *ouch*

Cheers!
    WHOA...you just reminded me of another injury i had......i was playing doubles...i'm my partner is either deaf or stupid...becuase i was shouting that i got it...but she went for it anyways and she hit my head (really hard) with her raquet...i got so mad at her...thats why i don't want to play doubles with any girls on my team anymore...becuase they are people who i cannot stand, or gets really really angry very soon...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xo_BaddyGrl_oX
    WHOA...you just reminded me of another injury i had......i was playing doubles...i'm my partner is either deaf or stupid...becuase i was shouting that i got it...but she went for it anyways and she hit my head (really hard) with her raquet...i got so mad at her...thats why i don't want to play doubles with any girls on my team anymore...becuase they are people who i cannot stand, or gets really really angry very soon...
    Xo_BaddyGrl_oX, i do believe you when you said that people are mean to each other in your team. I think getting wack on the head when you yelled out like that is intentional. Hmmm, look behind you!!!

Talking about shoes, as of now, my pair of shoes are the most expensive equiptment I own in my badminton bag. But I have a feeling that it won't be long before it will become the second most expensive item.

Ti_con

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xo_BaddyGrl_oX
    Ouch, sounds painful enough to me...

However, if u yell, maybe ur partner is already on the move and can't stop (i.e. already off balance)? Not trying to defend ur partner, as I did not see this with my own eyes.

Feel sorry that you have to join such an "non-friendly" team/club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't know... i yelled it before she can hit it...i don't know why she even went for it...when she could see me going for it...so, i'm guessing its not intentional, just a stupid accident she caused up...and BTW...if i didn't mention it before, having a non-friendly team is really fun to be around, with all the jokes and stuff...(i know deep down inside, we're fine with each other)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had 3 sprained ankles and 1 torn knee... but none of these injuries was caused by badminton!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first badminton injury... hmmm.

my first yonex racket was an MP27 was a medium stiff racket. since it wasn't as stiff as the higher models, i frequently used my arm to make smashes. after breaking my MP27, i shifted to an MP77 which was a stiffer racket and this time, i had to use my wrist all the time. it was cool and all until i think i overdid my wrist and now whenever i rotate my wrist in an eight(8)-rotation, there's a clicking sound on my wrist. it hurts in the morning but when i play it doesn't hurt any more. I tried using an LP wrist support and it's good that it's preventing my wrist to overdo the bending but the wrist support gave additional weight to my smashing arm. I'll have it X-rayed soon... in case it doesn't exactly heal.

hey guys and girls addicted to badminton, i have my badminton website -- a collection of ADIDAS, ASICS, MIZUNO, VICTOR, HUMMEL, NIKE, HI-TEC and YONEX shoes! Totally cool! Sorry i don't sell them but it's fun to watch (and salivate!). Happy viewing! Don't forget to sign the tag-board!

http://www.geocities.com/smashfanatix

With all the lovin' smash in the world,
    SMASHFANATIX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SMASHFANATIX, they look cool to me too.

Well, my injury seems to be 95% recovered. A few more days then it will be back to normal. Can't wait to play with 100% physic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by carlol
    I look like a robot with all these straps on me... 2 patella straps, 1 tennis elbow strap.... and then now, i guess im gonna have to wear ankle support thingees.

Oh well, the joys of badminton gotta have a price
    me too! i have two ankle guards on both ankles, one back support and i think i will need knee support sooner or later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    i have twice injured the ankle at my racquet foot. I heard that if you have the proper footwork, it should be the ankle at the non-racquet foot that is injured. Guess, my footwork is not correct all this while.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I once had that too.. It's a couple of years ago know, and it lasted for about a half year.
    I didn't see the doctor, I just kept playing and eventualy I had to take a break. Then I realised that it was because of the edge of the handle, it hit my knuckle and the knuckle turned red/blue/purple. I started using towel grip and changing it once a week. It was so much softer than my old thin rubber grip. I also automaticly started turning the handle more towards the forehand-handle.
    A couple of weeks later I didn't feel a thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iacon
    I once had that too.. It's a couple of years ago know, and it lasted for about a half year.
    I didn't see the doctor, I just kept playing and eventualy I had to take a break. Then I realised that it was because of the edge of the handle, it hit my knuckle and the knuckle turned red/blue/purple. I started using towel grip and changing it once a week. It was so much softer than my old thin rubber grip. I also automaticly started turning the handle more towards the forehand-handle.
    A couple of weeks later I didn't feel a thing.
    iacon, thanks for the info. will try to use a different grip position and switch to a more soft grip

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2