User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone used fleet superlight 88 sq II? got it last week at RM199 wif bag and string and its a wonder 2 play at 26lbs bg66.. its 5u weight wise but it seems smashing for me has gone from average to sensational with this racquet .... lookin online for info or reviews but no luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by imataquito View Post
    anyone used fleet superlight 88 sq II? got it last week at RM199 wif bag and string and its a wonder 2 play at 26lbs bg66.. its 5u weight wise but it seems smashing for me has gone from average to sensational with this racquet .... lookin online for info or reviews but no luck
    Why don't you write a review?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by msenghl View Post
    What I was told is that ProAce, Apacs, ProTech, & Fleet are all Malaysian brand. And they are from one family, different owner though, they are siblings.

ProAce and Apacs are own by the same person. ProAce is the more expensive brand and Apacs is the lower end brand. The reason for creating Apacs is to kill all new start up, by going cheap on their rackets.
    Isn't yehlex also apart of the 'family' of brands.?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright dan, but dont you think that a racquet is more of an individual preference? and that it would need a group of reviews to more or less agree of the same feel for the same model of racquet in order to acurately establish it design which its intended for?

Anyway here goes, the fleet superlight 88 sq II is a 5u racquet which is the lightest class of racquets. This can be seen from a thin shaft, and rather thin head construction as well. The lightness is obvious as u hold the racquet in comparison to other racquets unstrung while in the shop. After stringing the racquet still feels relatively light and swingining is a total ease. It feels so light and easy jus to wield it without any notable unstability issues common with 5u racquets. Balance point is around 270 ish mm after stringing which would classify it as a head light racquet but on swing it actually feel slightly head heavy as i can feel th swing motion which makes me confident that i would actually hit the birdy unlike most other head light racquets. The head design is isommetric shape.

The reason i love this racquet is due to the fact that it jusfeels so powerfu on backhand, lob clears, drives, and finally smashes. With this racquet i can smash from the baseline with no problems and it would still be a kill; something relatively imposible with my older yang yang Ti9.0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by krisss View Post
    Isn't yehlex also apart of the 'family' of brands.?
    Yehlex,Fleet,HI-QUA,APACS and PRO-ACE are all owned by the same company.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

pictures of woven-999 and 888
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by huijun; 01-04-2009 at 08:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know about the fleet woven-1000? What is the balance and the length? What caught my eye is that the 2U version is rated up to 40 pounds and the 3U to 35 pounds! Sounds like a strong racquet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Laowai View Post
    Anyone know about the fleet woven-1000? What is the balance and the length? What caught my eye is that the 2U version is rated up to 40 pounds and the 3U to 35 pounds! Sounds like a strong racquet.
    most modern rackets can take that high of a tension. however, manufacturers usually will leave a couple pounds space for leeway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I realise that most modern racquets can take 30+ pounds, even if only rated to 28 pounds (for example). Still sounds like a strong racquet though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 2009 Fleet Catalog

Posting the latest Catalog i saw online

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More From 2009 Catalog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More More More Fleet 2009 Catalog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I just bought a Fleet Woven 1000 received it about 2 weeks ago without string, I had it strung and been playing with it for the last week or so. Part from the obvious getting use to a new racket it only took me 10 or so min and the same eveneing I played Mix game with the racket. I am use to playin with Yonex Armortec 500, and I am very sceptical when it comes to different brand rackets once I got to love a certain brand. All I can say is this fleet racket is a pretty amazing racket for the price class and the quality and strength you get out classes my yonex. One of the qualities for me with the Woven 1000 is the precise control and feel I get when playin at the net, and as a defensive racket the Fleet racket feels so easy to move around. The only aspect when comparing the Woven with my Armortec 500 is that I do not get the same explosive power smash that I get with my yonex, but it can also be that I am not completely settled with the racket yet, the Woven has got decent power make no mistake. All and all I would recommend this racket any day to someone.

This is my 1st post, soz if it is not up to par with the rest of the frequent posters.
    Last edited by Mario; 06-11-2009 at 01:37 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some minor detail I left out.

Got the racket strung @ 25/26 lbs on a manual machine with BG65.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its quite interesting that for the top rackets, they seem to show the frame width, i wonder what are the effects from it being different widths at different places.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know the weight of the Fleet Woven 1000 4UG2?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Fleet woven 1000

Quote Originally Posted by mchan065 View Post
    Does anyone know the weight of the Fleet Woven 1000 4UG2?
    Should be somewhere around 84-85g. I just got a 3UG2 the other day along with my 2 friends. It doesn't feel like a 3U at all. The racquet is balanced with slight head heavy. A true pleasure to play with. The shaft is long...I would rated medium stiff, however, being a long shaft, it will flex a bit more. I strung the racquet with NBG 95 at 27lb. Here in Kansas, we don't get much of feather shuttle, we use plastic shuttle quite often which is hard on the strings if string with high tension. I have played several times with this racquet, the string hasn't given me any problem yet. Still amazes me the way it feels and respond. I play with Yonnex and Kennex racquets before, but nothing come close to what this racquet gives me. Yonnex or Kennex racquets take me a couple good weeks to get used to. This racquet doesn't take long to get used to at all, may be 10-15 minutes. Of course, there is a period of fine tuning and get the right feel for it. Smashing is powerful and baseline clear is great. Drop shot is precise. Defense is very nice too. I think all these good attributes have something to do with the woven carbon fiber. Woven carbon fiber is by far the strongest material compare to the regular carbon fiber. Both high tech airplanes and bicycles use woven carbon fiber in the construction for being light and strong. I just don't know why this material hasn't been used widely by the badminton industry.

Oh....forgot to mention, the price is great too. For half the price of the best Yonex racquets, I don't mind buying another one as my backup. It is my excaliber

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast