User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if there are more than the 2 assistant coaches, then the head coach would be in breach of his contract. the 3rd assistant was a quiet insertion, but would already be in conflict with the original contract. this matter was never raised in the past.

however, if there are other members who are performing coaching functions, we would be looking at this matter very seriously.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy75
    Isn't there more? Heck, I hear that Bryan and Aki takes in disciples as well... they're not affiliated coaches but they are VRC members!
    I don't think Bryan and Aki are actively 'coaching' at the VRC. If so, they would be in breach of their membership agreement plus Mr. Head Coach would never stand for that after all he is very protective of his turf!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course not, they may take in students but that doesn't mean that they actually coach at the club. I don't mind taking lessons from Aki though, however concentrating while she's coaching might be an issue for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Winex West Can
    I don't think Bryan and Aki are actively 'coaching' at the VRC. If so, they would be in breach of their membership agreement plus Mr. Head Coach would never stand for that after all he is very protective of his turf!

RICHMOND BC...ne hot girls from richmond that plays badminton pm me ~_^
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winex West Can
    I think cappy means they are coaching for free..not getting paid, so that shouldn't break any membership agreements

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh! Dude, obviously you haven't seen the full glory of Mr. Headcoach's fury. Freebie or not, he gets on everybody's case.

Quote Originally Posted by SmashingBird
    I think cappy means they are coaching for free..not getting paid, so that shouldn't break any membership agreements

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh! Dude, obviously you haven't seen the full glory of Mr. Headcoach's fury. Freebie or not, he gets on everybody's case.
    then wouldn't our trainning sessions endangered our membership

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude, in our case... nobody is 'instructing' anybody. We just run drills on our own. There's nothing against practice and hitting the shuttles around. Heck! I was helping out Marky one afternoon with Mr. HeadCoach running his private lesson on the next court and he didn't give me any grief about it. So there's nothing against practicing.

Quote Originally Posted by SmashingBird
    then wouldn't our trainning sessions endangered our membership
    Last edited by cappy75; 11-19-2004 at 02:49 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude, in our case... nobody is 'instructing' anybody. We just run drills on our own. There's nothing against practice and hitting the shuttles around.
    so if any of us gives out tips or advices at vrc, it would break our membership agreement, since i am sure bryan and aki are probably just giving advices and tips to their "students", don't actually instruct them

Burnaby...and girls, don't PM SmashingBird, PM me instead..heh
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As long as you're not making money off of it or hogging the courts, I don't think anyone would care.

I haven't been to VRC for a while due to work....hope to practice with you guys soon!! I'm like...on fire at work right now.

and BACK to the topic...If you haven't gave up on this thread yet stevesim89, you can try ClearOne Badminton in Richmond. They have pretty good coaches there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't there a backlog of students C1 has been trying to clear? I thought that they're not taking in any more people. Darryl Yung's probably the only coach worth taking lessons from C1. Not just experienced and talented, Darryl has a reputation of being such a good teacher. Wood_22_Chuck could elaborate that better since he took lessons from Darryl before.

Quote Originally Posted by TTT
    As long as you're not making money off of it or hogging the courts, I don't think anyone would care.

I haven't been to VRC for a while due to work....hope to practice with you guys soon!! I'm like...on fire at work right now.

and BACK to the topic...If you haven't gave up on this thread yet stevesim89, you can try ClearOne Badminton in Richmond. They have pretty good coaches there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daniel and Eric have had lots of coaching as juniors and I think that they can coach the beginners to intermediate players quite well at ClearOne.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wood_22_Chuck could elaborate that better since he took lessons from Darryl before.
    wood 22 chuck, was that before or after that backhand missile shot at me

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha-ha

I enrolled in group lessons with Darryl, but to maximize your coaching experience, I'd recommend one-on-one badminton tutoring.

In group coaching, I suspect price is an issue, but you get what you pay for. At the very least, try two-students to one coach.

-dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I consider Daryl to be a better coach than Mr Headcoach at VRC, and I still like Ming better at the VRC..much better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For you new members, don't think for one minute that you are invisible within the club. You will be quite surprised who is watching you and likely knows most of your activities. It often just depends if you happen to get in someone's bad books...

Regardless of payment, the activities of "advising" has come under much scrutiny time and again. It depends on the person "advising" since the general rule is that "friends or supporters of the ruling head" are generally exempt.

Quote Originally Posted by TTT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Shiiii, not so loud

Quote Originally Posted by LoveJoy
    I consider Daryl to be a better coach than Mr Headcoach at VRC, and I still like Ming better at the VRC..much better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default th

This is open territory. No need to be particularly quiet, as one might have to be while at the club. Sad really, when in a public area that one individual can prove to be so intimidating.

But let's be totally honest, we need to ask the basic question as to what the end results have been with respect to the coach's ability to produce a work class player. The internal club hype recently has been to promote a couple of juniors, and of course to take the credit for the end result. The sad reality is that upon closer examination of the particular skills and styles of these players, the style resembles nothing close to this particular coach.

One should then ask - what did this coach actually provide? If not skill, then what, and then how much credit should one take for the player's success?
    Some head coaches are more intent on marketing than to truly look at whether they have the ability to coach at a truly competitive international level. They will often say yes, but then if they have not even competed at that level, how could they possibly say that? Truth in Advertising?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD
    Shiiii, not so loud

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast