The travelling champion needs a little help!

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by master_shuyu, Jul 17, 2004.

1. master_shuyu

master_shuyu New Member

I'm about to go off to China (yipee!) and I hear that baddy racquets are well worth buying there BUT I need some advice.

A couple of my friends say that they went back and bought duds! I however, intend not to make the same mistake!

I was wondering if anybody could give me some feedback on any past racquets that they have bought overseas (doesn't have to be China).

Feedback like what to look for when buying a racquet, what are GOOD racquets to buy... How much they will set me back (in China)... anything would be greatly appreciated! :D

Mr. X

2. TheGr8Two

TheGr8Two Regular Member

I suggest that you be a bit careful..lots of fake stuff are sold there. As there are a lot of unethical businesses. Not that there aren't any outside China. Just bear that in mind.

There aren't any good reasons to buy overseas, unless it happens to be cheaper AND you want to visit the place anyway. In that case, just buy whatever racket you'd normally use anyway, or if you want to upgrade, then tell us what you are looking for.

3. master_shuyu

master_shuyu New Member

Wouldn't mind an upgrade!

Well, thnx for yer input: I currently own a cheap lil MP55 (two of em) and would like to get something which can generate more power.... In Aus, apart from yonex and a couple of carltons, theres nothing much on offer other than the MP series... and of course im goin to china to visit! Not to buy racquets! So any suggestions of racquets? anything? HELP!!!:confused:

4. TheGr8Two

TheGr8Two Regular Member

If you are going to spend a bit more, then consider MP77/99/100.
    I've only tried the 77 2U version, and the power on that was incredible, but it was somewhat heavy. The 99 i heard was quite balanced and still has good power and is very popular, while the 100 is for more power (difference between 77 and 100 is that 100 has Ti mesh, which is supposed to reduce torque on non-sweetspot contact. I found no problem with 77 anyway)