User Tag List

Thread: Fleming Delfs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Fleming Delfs

JR does 1977 world champion Fleming Delfs still play or have anything to do with badminton?I have admired his backhandsmash for some time.I know he is probably a bit before your time but he is part of your badminton history books.Just curious.Thanks and good luck in the Olympics.
    bighook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Not sure!!

I´m not quite sure, but I don´t think he is involved with topclass players. He may coach some clubplayers somewhere.

He has a son called Martin Delfs who is one year younger than me and he was on the nationaltraining center for while, but didn´t make it all the way. He´s working in a sportsstore now.

Regarding the backhandsmash you´re quite right. It was an amazing weapon he had. Nowadays when one of us makes a good backhand we call it doing a Flemming Delfs!

That´s how famous his backhandsmash was!!

Kind Regards

Jonas
    Quote Originally Posted by bighook
    JR does 1977 world champion Fleming Delfs still play or have anything to do with badminton?I have admired his backhandsmash for some time.I know he is probably a bit before your time but he is part of your badminton history books.Just curious.Thanks and good luck in the Olympics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks JR .A thread about the most devastating backhand smasher was posted and I and only one other fellow were the only ones who seemed to know who Flemming Delfs was or how powerful his backhand was.Makes me feel good knowing I was not the only one who knew of this which is why I posted the question.Thanks again and good luck in the olympics.
    bighook