Looking to buy a better Yonex racquet

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by reflex, Jul 17, 2004.

1. reflex

reflex Regular Member

I'm basically looking for a very light yonex racquet thats not too expensive..nothing over 100 USD..i've been playing for quite a long time now..but with a fairly bad racquet in my opinion (Carbonex 6000 DF). i am mainly a doubles player..but play singles occasionally. any help would be appreciated.

P.S. i know that beryl posted something similar to this before..but what he's looking for is different and so is his price range

P.P.S. hey i just edited this thing..hmm i made a miscalculation earlier and said 130 USD...what i really meant was 100 USD

#1 reflex, Jul 17, 2004
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2004
  2. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    With 130USD, you can pretty much buy 80%+ of racquets nowadays :)

Since you play both doubles and singles,
    Try, MP-88(3U), if you like iso heads; Cab-30MS if you like oval heads.

I don't know how much AT,MP,and Ti racquets are costing in your place, but I think you can give them a try at your local stores.

3. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    mmm. Just be sure that $130 you pay for can cover stringing and grips plus shuttles [​IMG]

Follow jeff's advice.

~Cheers

4. TheGr8Two

TheGr8Two Regular Member

AT500(comes in 3U or 4U) or MP99 (might be stretching your budget though)

5. fishmilk

fishmilk Regular Member

Student
    AT500 is the best racquet for the price... and it is quite durable if you ask me... I own one myself... however I feel it lacks that "character"... you will long for something with a little extra kick in time... Like those nifty AT800's or MP100, 99, Ti-10 or ISO TI SP depending on your style...

6. reflex

reflex Regular Member

does anyone know the cheapest place in toronto to buy any yonex racquey..preferably armortec 500..thanks

7. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    If want to purchase Cab30MS, guess you might need to buy from US. Maybe call teh online stores, and ask them whether they willing to ship to TOR via USPS (US postal, NO UPS or FedEx!!!)

In US, Cab30MS is about US$100-120 range. Maybe you can contact www.nycbadminton.com to request a quote from them.

8. butch

butch Regular Member

Hey Buddy,
    Just opened this site and i find your querry interesting. Been playing the game for quite some time now but i wont say am one of the pro already though i've won a couple local tourney. Am using right now an ARMORTEC 500 and its one of my favored rackets. How much i bought it? Php P 1,600.00. Roughly US $30. Of course its fake, coz i know hw much it really cost. But the point is am comfortable and getting good plays using it. I find no difference to the original ones.....except the price....

9. ka_rasilainen

ka_rasilainen Regular Member

If you wanna get a good and cheap racket, you should try some different brands. The price level of yonex is clearly too high, when looking at the quality of their rackets. With the price of one yonex racket, you can get two similiar rackets from different brand (carlton,babolat etc.).