User Tag List

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 180
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    1,920
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Dutchy of Cornwall Satellite

    Anyone thinking of playing in the Dutchy of Cornwall Satellite this year?

    18th & 19th September 2004.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Worthing, West Sussex
    Posts
    135
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dill
    Anyone thinking of playing in the Dutchy of Cornwall Satellite this year?

    18th & 19th September 2004.
    I may play based if I improve my fitness in the next 40 days and if they have a plate tournament. Do you know whether they have plate tournament this year? Usually the standard of players who turn-up for cornwall is very low isn't?

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Cannock, UK
    Posts
    2,908
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunny
    Do you know whether they have plate tournament this year?
    The entry form says "there will be mens and ladies singles and doubles plate events, time permitting"

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Cannock, UK
    Posts
    2,908
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunny
    Usually the standard of players who turn-up for cornwall is very low isn't?
    That would be me then

    If the family holiday is in Cornwall this year, I'll try to fit the satellite in.
    2 years ago I entered after being on holiday for a week. A week of pasties and booze is not good preparation.
    Last year I was going to play, but during the holiday I twisted my ankle scrambling over rocks.
    In future I'll get the badminton out of the way at the start of the holiday rather than at the end.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Worthing, West Sussex
    Posts
    135
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Nicholls
    The entry form says "there will be mens and ladies singles and doubles plate events, time permitting"
    Neil,

    Where can I find the entry form? I'm also looking for updated calendar for year 2004-2005. I've a calendar but not sure if it is a proper one.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Cannock, UK
    Posts
    2,908
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Because I entered the event before, I got a form through the post.

    but you can also go to

    http://www.badders.com/news/item/553...-Championships


    I haven't seen a calendar yet, but then I haven't looked.
    I was going to give the Satellites a miss this year.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Suffolk. United Kingdom
    Posts
    75
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunny
    Neil,

    Where can I find the entry form? I'm also looking for updated calendar for year 2004-2005. I've a calendar but not sure if it is a proper one.
    Hey Sunny

    Fancy entering the Men's doubles - Me and You ?
    Maybe we could get a few more and arrange a trip.

    Skates

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Worthing, West Sussex
    Posts
    135
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skates
    Hey Sunny

    Fancy entering the Men's doubles - Me and You ?
    Maybe we could get a few more and arrange a trip.

    Skates
    Sure skates. That will be great. When we meet in high wycombe we will practise together and understand each others game.

    Yeah that will be great mate I will ask Jonno, Tomsk and Batgirl whether they have any plans for satellites. I was thinking of asking batgirl if she is interested in playing XD in satellites. I think richard may also join us for few satellites.

    Let's do it As the coach use to tell us for motivation "COME ON"

    Currently I'm watching Lee Young Suk's All England Finals 1988 and Grand Prix Finals 1988 She is a Unsung Heroin mate. What a fantastic game. So much deception and so quick in the court.
    Last edited by sunny; 07-20-2004 at 01:57 PM.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Worthing, West Sussex
    Posts
    135
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Nicholls
    Because I entered the event before, I got a form through the post.

    but you can also go to

    http://www.badders.com/news/item/553...-Championships


    I haven't seen a calendar yet, but then I haven't looked.
    I was going to give the Satellites a miss this year.
    Neil,

    Thanks for the link. The following is the calendar 2004-2005 I have for satellites but I'm not sure whether they are accurate

    28th Aug 2004 - Herts
    11th Sep 2004 - Bournemouth
    18th Sep 2004 - Harrogate/Cornwall
    09th Oct 2004 - Wessex
    23rd Oct 2004 - Oxford
    06th Nov 2004 - Jersey
    20th Nov 2004 - Middlesex
    27th Nov 2004 - Hants
    04th Dec 2004 - Wilts
    15th Jan 2005 - Lancs
    22nd Jan 2005 - Berks/Staffs
    29th Jan 2005 - Devon/Cambs
    12th Feb 2005 - Cheshire
    26th Feb 2005 - Suffolk
    05th Mar 2005 - Leics
    26th Mar 2005 - Northum
    09th Apr 2005 - Hull
    16th Apr 2005 - Guernsey

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    1,920
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I just got a message from the lady that runs it and she said there are a few league and county level players who usualy attend.

    It is also worth noticing that the date is shared by two competitions making the entry split and hopefully the level would be lower.

    As a meagre club player I would love to do the whole tour this year but have left it a bit late

    Just want to do this one since it sounds like fun.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Suffolk. United Kingdom
    Posts
    75
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dill
    I just got a message from the lady that runs it and she said there are a few league and county level players who usualy attend.

    It is also worth noticing that the date is shared by two competitions making the entry split and hopefully the level would be lower.

    As a meagre club player I would love to do the whole tour this year but have left it a bit late

    Just want to do this one since it sounds like fun.
    Well let's all go for it mate.

    We can talk about it when I see you at the LIBA course up in Glasgow.

    All the best


    Skates

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    1,223
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Im there...hope to see u there

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    1,920
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Ross
    Im there...hope to see u there
    Er..................I was thinking of going but.................??

    Maybe not the gents doubles now

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    1,223
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Dill,

    lol, you really haven't seen me play so for all you know i could be shocking...i could be one of those who walk the walk and cant talk the talk! Be great to see you there, along with skates, sunny and a few others?

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    1,920
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Cough cough, training in the International academy............

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    1,223
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Go on, just go for it!!

    It's the last one before i go away, so a nice competition will do to see me off, dont really know what the competition is like in that one, perhaps dlp can fill us in? I think Dan Corby plays in it

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    1,920
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I can't, I'm scared........

    sorry about being a bit ignorant, who is Dan Corby?

    I think Neil has played in one before, from what Linda says it is mostly good club standard with a healthy sprinkling of county level players thrown into the mix for good measure because the English county championships are due to kick off sometime close after so they use it for a warm up.

    "C" level circuit my a$$.

    If I can find someone gullible I'm in for the doubles too...........wahey

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New Club in Helston (Cornwall)
    By Sketchy in forum UK
    Replies: 2
    : 03-10-2012, 07:43 AM
  2. 29th Duchy of Cornwall Open
    By Linda Collins in forum UK
    Replies: 1
    : 07-21-2011, 06:08 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    : 03-16-2009, 06:53 PM
  4. 26th Duchy of Cornwall Open
    By Linda Collins in forum UK
    Replies: 0
    : 06-29-2008, 05:35 AM
  5. Cornwall Open (Satelitte Tour)
    By matt_gooner in forum UK
    Replies: 0
    : 07-27-2007, 05:17 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •