User Tag List

Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    47
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Help! My toe hurts

    I'm having good friction between my adidas court shoes and the court but definitely not between my socks and the shoes. As a result, my right big toe got hurt very easily.
    Any suggestion what I can do to the shoes or socks to solve the problem?
    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    222
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bguy7890
    I'm having good friction between my adidas court shoes and the court but definitely not between my socks and the shoes. As a result, my right big toe got hurt very easily.
    Any suggestion what I can do to the shoes or socks to solve the problem?
    Thanks.
    Sounds like your shoes don't fit properly. Have you tried inserts & tying your laces more snugly?

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    1,920
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Spot on answer, find a shoe that fits you.

    Badminton shoes should be tight but not too tight they restrict the normal flat position of your foot crushing it or too big so that you slide inside the shoe.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    47
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes, I tried to tie it more tightly but that didn't solve the problem. I've seen quite a few different types of sport inserts -- guess I'll try some of them and post the result in case someone else has the problem.
    Thanks for the help.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    1. Get a pair of badminton shoes, as they were special designed to give better support and room for the toes.

    2. Get a pair of thicker socks. Thinner socks seem to be slippery and easily result into blisters.

  6. #6
    Regular Member jug8man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    2,098
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    1) wear a size shoe with about 1/2 to 1 cm provision for your toe. this is because when you break with your front leg after a lunge forward, your toe will be less likely to be compressed againts the shoe 'wall'.

    2) higher end yonex shoes now come with insoles that provide better gripping for your socks. they have slight contours and 'gripping' material design. im not familiar with all the models but i know that SHB 89 and 98 have these features.

    for a more budgeted shoe certain AR models have a similar feature. look out for those with 'ridge' insoles, but they tend to flatten out after some use.

    good luck.

  7. #7
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,990
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    it may be a problem with your technique when lunging.

    when you lunge, are you landing with your heels, or are you landing with the bottom of your feet flat on the ground?

    you need to learn to land on your heels. i used to do it the wrong way and i have very bruised toe, nowadays i have changed my lunging technique and so far so good.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    47
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up

    Guess I should get a pair of Yonex shoes anyway.
    Kwun, I've never thought about landing on my heels -- I'll spend some time practicing that.
    Thanks.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Jember, INA
    Posts
    79
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Landon on heel VS land on fleet-footed

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun
    it may be a problem with your technique when lunging.

    when you lunge, are you landing with your heels, or are you landing with the bottom of your feet flat on the ground?

    you need to learn to land on your heels. i used to do it the wrong way and i have very bruised toe, nowadays i have changed my lunging technique and so far so good.
    Kwun, I used to land on my heels but I feel a pain in that part. I recently bought a new local shoes (Flypower -- a title behind/dedicated to Hariyanto Arbi as this is also his bussiness) and found a stewardship leaflets that says "Please do not land on your heel". I thought the leaflet is right but when I read your thread, I begin to confuse a litle bit.

    Whether that leaflet refer to not to land on heel after jumping regardless of lunge? I presume your post referred to land on heel while lunge. Didn't it?
    Last edited by By You; 05-14-2005 at 09:02 AM. Reason: typo

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Petaling Jaya, S'gor, M'sia
    Posts
    1,338
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by By You
    Kwun, I used to land on my heels but I feel a pain in that part. I recently bought a new local shoes (Flypower -- a title behind/dedicated to Hariyanto Arbi as this is also his bussiness) and found a stewardship leaflets that says "Please do not land on your heel". I thought the leaflet is right but when I read your thread, I begin to confuse a litle bit.

    Whether that leaflet refer to not to land on heel after jumping regardless of lunge? I presume your post referred to land on heel while lunge. Didn't it?
    Did it say land or step? The leaflet I got with my Yonex shoes says 'Please do not step on heel'.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Jember, INA
    Posts
    79
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You might be right. However, I can not re-read it to assure since I've put it on trash....


    Quote Originally Posted by Joanne
    Did it say land or step? The leaflet I got with my Yonex shoes says 'Please do not step on heel'.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,874
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Never land and sink the full momentum on your heels. Its bad for your knee. Land on your heel and transfer the momentum forward to your toes. You should also lose some momentum by allowing your knee to bend forward.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Jember, INA
    Posts
    79
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Iwan, I got your point. Thx.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    973
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Also, if you do get badminton shoes, make sure you leave a good inch left from your toe to the tip of your shoe.

    Your feet swell when you play and therefore they expand.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    UK - London, Birmingham
    Posts
    768
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Surely 1 inch gap between toe and shoe is too big That is about 2 sizes up?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yodums
    Also, if you do get badminton shoes, make sure you leave a good inch left from your toe to the tip of your shoe.

    Your feet swell when you play and therefore they expand.

Similar Threads

  1. Shoulder Hurts
    By yosi11 in forum Injuries
    Replies: 20
    : 01-10-2012, 06:13 PM
  2. Knee Hurts
    By TsAr83 in forum Injuries
    Replies: 13
    : 09-08-2011, 10:25 PM
  3. hand hurts (2)
    By TheComedian in forum Injuries
    Replies: 11
    : 09-08-2011, 09:40 PM
  4. my hand hurts ..
    By syahn9988 in forum Injuries
    Replies: 15
    : 06-16-2009, 09:42 AM
  5. my arm hurts
    By louis in forum Injuries
    Replies: 13
    : 12-04-2006, 05:13 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •