Botanic Gardens Hosted School Bands Fiesta

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Loh, Jul 21, 2004.

1. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    My last two Sunday afternoons were spent at the Singapore Botanic Gardens where some of Singapore's top secondary school bands were engaged in a competition entitled "School Bands Fiesta".

It was a most enjoyable experience and the enthusiastic crowd and supporters were treated to an array of top-class big band music rendition by school teenagers from about 14 to 17 years of age. I was simply thrilled by the high standard of musicianship and the songs, which made the spectators join in by tapping their feet, clapping with hands and humming away, include favourite Broadway musicals, pop songs, rock & roll, jazz, rythm & blues, etc.

Names include: I Could Have Danced All Night (My Fair Lady), All I Ask Of You (Phantom of the Opera), Saturday Night Fever, Abba Gold, YMCA, Can't Take My Eyes Off You, Highlights from Moulin Rouge, Japanese Graffiti, and many, many more, simply moved one to action.

It was a perfect setting in the lush greenery of our most famous garden and at 5 pm, even the sweltering heat was less of a discomfort. I hope the following pics will give you an idea of what I mean:

Attached Files:

2. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Wow! With pictures too :D

Very nice, Loh.

-dave