Yonex Re-String (Singapore)

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by hower, Jul 21, 2004.

1. hower

hower Regular Member

Anyone can let me know where can I do re-string in Singapore at a reasonable price? Sportlink in Causeway Point charge $10 for the service is you use your own string, and total $18.20 for the BG-68TI, or $17.20 for BG-80.

Is the price fair? I heard it is cheaper elsewhere.

Please advise.

2. jeffreyk

jeffreyk Regular Member

yes its much cheaper elswhere. BG68Ti (incl stringing) is about S$15, BG66 is about S$12. It's almost the "standard" price at reputable shops.

i normally string at "Kemin" at Bukit Timah. Do a "search" for the location.

3. rafiano

rafiano Regular Member

Restringing

if you are in the north, u can try artric sports at sembawang shopping centre. reasonable price, cheaper than sportslink anyway. btw, i think the stringer is also important.

4. hower

hower Regular Member

I know the stringer is very important... experience does play a part in it... That's why I think I should go for good places like Kemin in Beauty World or the Music shop in Bras B...

5. rafiano

rafiano Regular Member

stringer

well...Lim, the owner of artric sport has been stringing for me and i have no complaints so far. a few of my group also has gone to him for restringing. I dont know much about strings though, but i trust his judgement. so far now i am using winex bs-66 i think. not a bad string. anyway, just recommend u to him cos i thought u were in the north.

6. hower

hower Regular Member

Thanks rafiano, I think I shall give Lim a try. Do you have the phone number? I want to make sure he got the string before I go down...

7. rafiano

rafiano Regular Member

phone number

i dont really know his number....but u can go down have a look at the range of strings he has....quite a number in fact, including yonex. service is also fast. if i have his number, i will post it here.