What string tensions are the factory strung Yonex racquets?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by TheSleeper, Jul 23, 2004.

1. TheSleeper

TheSleeper Regular Member

When u get a Yonex racquet and u use the string it came with, what tension is it?

2. Feng_MP-100

Feng_MP-100 Regular Member

Student
    it should be 20lbs. But Yonex racquets don't come with factory string, the string was strung by the shop owner himself. Some shop owners do that, some don't.

3. mxmcat

mxmcat Regular Member

actually no
    Not allways here in France many Yonex come strung at shop (but not strung by shops)... maybe by the distributor ... but mine had a BG65 string (nothing about the tension) and a Yonex BG65 sticker attached to it...(will try to make a pict)

4. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    In Taiwan, Yonex Racquets (high ends) don't come with strings, you will have to get it after you buy it, and I think the same applies to the US stores. Racquets usually don't come with strings from Yonex. It's from the stores.

5. mxmcat

mxmcat Regular Member

actually no
    As I understood, here in France only some models come without strings. But most of rackets come with original string (Yonex : BG65 or BG 63 at 9kg )... But I don't know if they are strung by distributor or Yonex and if they are strung on demand of shops...

IMO as I don't think it is good for the strings to travel, maybe rackets are strung by french distributor for Yonex products (I think that because all Yonex rackets sold have the same strings and tensions) : Yonex BG65 or 63 strings at 9kg. And there is this oval "official sticker" attached on strings with written : World n°1 Choice of Champions / Medal Winning String/BG 65/Yonex... Don't seem to be the work of a shop