NEWS : Roslin returns to train with Nusa Mahsuri

Discussion in 'Olympics ATHENS 2004' started by kwun, Jul 23, 2004.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Roslin returns to train with Nusa Mahsuri

Rizal Hashim

NSTP-emedia

THE best person to ask about Roslin Hashim’s progress ahead of the Olympic Games in Greece next month, apart from the shuttler himself, is Jalani Sidek.

While Wong Choong Hann and Lee Chong Wei were battling on the courts at Stadium Juara yesterday under the watchful eyes of chief coach Misbun Sidek and his younger brother Rashid, Roslin was nowhere to be seen.

His four-month stay under the umbrella body since the All-England in Birmingham has been cut short in his desire to equip himself with the necessary ammunition before boarding the plane to Athens.

In an attempt to enjoy a programme tailor made for him, Ros- lin has decided to return to Jala- ni’s Nusa Mahsuri training stable and usual practice venue at Kela- na Jaya.

“No disrespect to coaches Misbun and Rashid but I felt I needed more intensity in my training to realise my ambition in Athens,†said the former world No 1.

“At Nusa, training is geared to give me all the sparring I need, such as two against one sessions which are more intense.

“There is nothing new in this arrangement because Misbun is agreeable to the idea. However, I will still attend sessions with BAM once a week.â€

The Swiss Open semi-finalist and quarter-finalist in the Malaysian Open, Japan Open and All-England, said he plans to continue with his programme even when the contingent bound for Greece report for the final camp in Putrajaya next week.

During the camp, the shuttlers will train at Uniten in Bangi while their sparring partners from BAM will be placed at a nearby hotel.

“This is something I need to discuss with Misbun. If possible, I want to continue training in Kelana Jaya,†said Roslin.

At Nusa Roslin has his brother and former All-England champ Hafiz as a sparring partner plus 1992 Olympic doubles bronze medallist Jalani and his younger brother, Rahman.