Leg Strenght

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by surfnet, Jul 23, 2004.

1. surfnet

surfnet New Member

Hi, I`m 19 years old. I`m a rookie in badminton, My question is what kind of exercise can improve my leg strenght, I know maybe my question is not specify, but I don`t know how to mention it. My target is to be a advance player, I know this is sound carzy for some people but I`m enthusiasm in badminton. Can you guys attach some picture example. All the comment and advice will be appreciate. THANK YOU.

2. Break-My-String

Break-My-String Regular Member

Welcome to BF Surfnet,

Your question has been asked a few times. I suggest you to use the "search" function and enter the words "leg" & "exercise" and there will enough info to get you started.

As you have mentioned, you are a rookie player wanting to be an advanced player, once again I strongly suggest searching for topics of interest to improve your ability. As you read the posts, there will be words that come into your mind which you can search again to further your knowledge!

There are lots of value information already posted on BF! Enjoy! :)

Cheers!

#2 Break-My-String, Jul 24, 2004
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2004
  3. Phil

Phil Regular Member

Lawyer
    Do shadow drills/footwork patterns, many times, even when it burns! Have someone show you proper methods. Skipping is one of the most benficial for badminton because it improves your foot quickness. You can search on here for skipping, there are many threads on it. You really don't have to use weights to improve your badminton, because proper technique is king.

However, I've read somewhere on here that badminton players tend to have overdeveloped quadriceps compared to their hamstrings. For this, using a weight machine or doing backwards-running sprints will improve your hamstrings.

Phil

4. Matt Ross

Matt Ross Regular Member

Student
    Phil is ABSOLUTELY correct here. I cannot stress enough to also work hamstrings. You see people (such as Chen Hong) with huge legs, however i can assure you they work on their hamstrings too. Another key area (off topic) is people work their legs, and their upper-body (shoulders etc) but ignore the back and abdominals. These two things are paramount of leg and trunk stabilization for push offs etc, so much also be worked.