User Tag List

Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: MP99 in UK

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    1,004
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default MP99 in UK

    I just broke my favorite MP99 last night . It's a GR 3U G3 version which I bought incidentally here. It is difficult to find a replacement in this region of the world but can only get it by chance.

    I love this racket so much and would really want to get a replacement. I've checked that I can order it from centralsports.co.uk (it costs almost double than buying a MP99 SP here ...) but it seem that they only offer one weight. Can anyone confirm that all MP99 being sold in UK are 3U version ? Thx.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky
    I just broke my favorite MP99 last night . It's a GR 3U G3 version which I bought incidentally here. It is difficult to find a replacement in this region of the world but can only get it by chance.

    I love this racket so much and would really want to get a replacement. I've checked that I can order it from centralsports.co.uk (it costs almost double than buying a MP99 SP here ...) but it seem that they only offer one weight. Can anyone confirm that all MP99 being sold in UK are 3U version ? Thx.
    You can get 3U MP99 in Hong Kong. It is also much cheaper than in the UK.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    1,004
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak
    You can get 3U MP99 in Hong Kong. It is also much cheaper than in the UK.
    Yes, in fact, I've a spare already but I want a G3 version. Those being sold in great China and Japan are G4 and G5 version.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    285
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You may add more overgrips or use replacement grip over the original one.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky
    Yes, in fact, I've a spare already but I want a G3 version. Those being sold in great China and Japan are G4 and G5 version.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    1,004
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by double
    You may add more overgrips or use replacement grip over the original one.
    But the weight and the balance point of the racquet can't be the same as the original 3U G3.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky
    But the weight and the balance point of the racquet can't be the same as the original 3U G3.
    The small increase in weight from an overgrip and the slight change in static balance point will not change one jot the playing weight and dynamic balance of your racquet when in actual play. This is because the axis of rotation is somewhere along the handle. In fact the smallest grip in a given weight or U class is the preferred choice, because you simply have more options without sacrificing the benefits of what you are looking for.
    If you still want a 3U G3 size, I can do it for you for HK$100 (excluding the cost of the racquet and strings), by increasing a G4 to a G3 with a minimal weight increase of no more than 1-2gm, but is guaranteed to be still within the 3U classification of 85-89gm (w/o strings).

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    1,917
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes, all UK MP99 are the same weight and only come in 3U.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    475
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dill
    Yes, all UK MP99 are the same weight and only come in 3U.
    I managed to get a 2u one from the local baddy shop and my friend got a 2u one off centralsports.com not long ago (but its true, they are mostly found in 3u G3).

    JL
    PS two month ago they were in some kind of price war with directsports.com and the mp99 was as cheap as 80 or 75 pounds, but for some reason they price went up back to 89 pounds. Must be do to with supply and demand, as they were running out of inventory.
    Last edited by jimmyliu83; 07-28-2004 at 03:24 AM.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    northern germany, in beautiful but rainy hamburg
    Posts
    168
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi Ricky,
    of course you can get MP-99 3U/G3 GR here in Germany.
    Normal store price is about 115 Euro,
    but from time to time there are some MP-99 listed on ebay,
    which sell for 85 Euro (unstrung):
    http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...691094846&rd=1
    I just bought 4 MP-88 rackets for 75 Euro per piece from them.
    Shipping to HK will additionally cost you about 30 Euro,
    so you would end up at 115 Euro (equals appr. 1080 HK$).
    Overall quite pricey, but the shipping charge covers 1 - 4 kg,
    so you could go for more rackets without increasing the shipping costs.
    olli

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky
    I just broke my favorite MP99 last night . It's a GR 3U G3 version which I bought incidentally here. It is difficult to find a replacement in this region of the world but can only get it by chance.

    I love this racket so much and would really want to get a replacement. I've checked that I can order it from centralsports.co.uk (it costs almost double than buying a MP99 SP here ...) but it seem that they only offer one weight. Can anyone confirm that all MP99 being sold in UK are 3U version ? Thx.
    Understand that Rose Sports at Fa Yuen Street Mongkok is selling GR versions of the MP99 3U but am not sure of the grip sizes.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    northern germany, in beautiful but rainy hamburg
    Posts
    168
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    As far as I know GR version only comes in 3G.
    The only 4G rackets I've found here in Germany are 4U rackets.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ricky, I can get you an MP99 3U G4 or G5 in Hong Kong for less than HK$900, inclusive of BG85 or BG68ti strings. Why pay more to buy from Europe? You can increase a G4 or G5 to a G3 with an overgrip which will not affect the dynamic balance point or the pick-up weight, which are what really counts instead of static balance point, the latter actually a meaningless measurement.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    1,004
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Actually I bought 7 MP90/99 so far and still keep 4 of them (3 of them have been broken). Among all these MP9x, the MP99 3U G3 GR is the one I love the most and I've adpated to it since I bought it. Unfortunately it was broken a few days ago.

    Since I've so many MP9x (for those long time BC friends, they should know how many rackets I've ), I know how other MP9x play and I also know I can change the grip size myself, but the point is, I really love the balance and feel of the 3U G3 version and I want an exact replacement.

    Fortunately, I found that again in Rose sports two days ago and bought two (HK$860 each w/o string).

    Well ... my coach did tell me before that a small grip size is better for control, but I just feel more comfortable with the large grip size.

    Anyway, thx for advice from all of you.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    London
    Posts
    206
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by olli
    Hi Ricky,
    of course you can get MP-99 3U/G3 GR here in Germany.
    Normal store price is about 115 Euro,
    but from time to time there are some MP-99 listed on ebay,
    which sell for 85 Euro (unstrung):
    http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...691094846&rd=1
    I just bought 4 MP-88 rackets for 75 Euro per piece from them.
    Shipping to HK will additionally cost you about 30 Euro,
    so you would end up at 115 Euro (equals appr. 1080 HK$).
    Overall quite pricey, but the shipping charge covers 1 - 4 kg,
    so you could go for more rackets without increasing the shipping costs.
    olli
    the racquets there are cheap, but how do u know if they are real or not??

Similar Threads

  1. FS: MP99 (GVA only)
    By redsun615 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 2
    : 07-20-2009, 01:38 PM
  2. WTB: MP99 (New or Used)
    By My5tiC4L in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 06-08-2008, 01:03 AM
  3. Mp99 3U Trade for Mp99 2U?
    By crazy_smasher in forum Market Place
    Replies: 1
    : 05-21-2004, 09:29 AM
  4. Mp99 2u
    By no_name_no_name in forum Market Place
    Replies: 8
    : 03-24-2004, 03:43 PM
  5. SP or JP for MP99??
    By manabu in forum Market Place
    Replies: 2
    : 07-25-2003, 10:23 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •