User Tag List

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Badminton: Saina's Dubai desire

World No. 6 tells XPRESS she hopes to play here in the near future after her first visit to the city
    • By Jaydip Sengupta, Sports Writer
    • Published: 00:00 April 29, 2010
    • Saina Nehwal
    • Image Credit: Xpress /Abdel-Krim Kallouche

Dubai: Saina Nehwal was back in school...well, college for a few hours at least. Dropping in for a quick visit to grace the BITS Sports Festival at BITS Pilani, the World No. 6 shuttler regaled students to three games of exhibition stuff, as they cheered her every move.
    She was scheduled to play just one game, but so caught up was she with the mood of the occasion that she extended her stint on the court.
    In a courtside chat to XPRESS, she said: "Their enthusiasm is so infectious. It is really sad that Dubai doesn't have any international tournament, or a badminton federation for that matter. I would love to play here some day.
    "But at least BITS Pilani, Dubai have invited me. The one in India still haven't," she said, on what was her first visit to Dubai.
    Saina's stay was short, but she still managed to take in a bit of the city. "I always wanted to see the world's tallest building and I managed to do so on my way from the airport," she said.
    The 20-year-old, who cracked the top five earlier this year, is just biding her time, as she seeks to be the best player in the world. "All those above me are from China. They play against themselves all the time in order to get better. I am all alone in that respect in India, with no other player in sight. So, I have to keep playing matches against them.
    "In fact, I am trying to be like them in the way they practice and the kind of discipline they have," she said.
    One of the few Indian sportspersons who have managed to steer attention away from cricket with their exploits, Saina hopes to build on her semi-final showing at the All-England Championships and the ABC Championships.
    "Those were very good results for me, even though I put too much pressure on myself playing the ABC Championship at home. Playing abroad is much easier. I am now looking ahead to the Uber Cup finals which is my next tournament along with the World Championships in August, besides the Asian Games and the Commonwealth Games later in the year," she said.
    Coming from Hyderabad, it was inevitable that the subject of Sania Mirza's marriage would come up to which Saina said: "It was quite a shocking news really. I wish her well, but I really don't know how she will give time to tennis."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Due to a lack of Filipino players, the badminton game here in abu dhabi is now open to all Nationalities!!! Visit the site below for details...

http://smallventure.multiply.com/jou...ton_Aficionado

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UAE badminton tournament will be the biggest ever, hosts say

All ages and special needs children invited to compete this year
    • By K.R. Nayar, Senior Reporter
    • Published: 00:00 May 18, 2010
    • Bharat Chachara, General Manager India Club, Sunil Singh, Chairman India Club, Raman Nair of Western Union and AK Prakashan, Director of Sports of India Club, announce the staging of the UAE Open Badminton tournament.
    • Image Credit: Supplied

Dubai: A record number of players are expected to compete in the India Club-Western Union UAE Open Badminton tournament which starts May 31 at the India Club badminton courts.
    India Club chairman Sunil Singh said: "We had 360 entries last year and a record 336 matches were held".
    "This year we may cross the 400 entries mark as we have added two more categories," he said.
    This badminton tournament is also one of the oldest in the UAE, having been held nearly every year since the early 80s.
    "In recent years we included some professionals to play in this tournament but we found that it turned out to be a discouragement for the players here to perform," Singh said.
    "The purpose of this tournament is to promote badminton in UAE and so we have restricted the event to UAE resident players only."
    The prize money of Dh50,000 has been earmarked for the tournament.
    Twenty-four categories for ages ranging from under 10 years to over 55 will be held with the final scheduled for June 18.
    The categories for girls and boys aged 10 to 12 have been very popular over the years, and was designed to encourage young competitors, he said.
    "As part of India Club's drive towards corporate social responsibility, we are planning to conduct matches under a separate pool for the special needs children and individuals," Singh said.
    "The categories will be based on the number of entries received. Invitations have been sent to various special needs institutes in Dubai.
    "We have got confirmations from SNF and Dubai Autism Centre. Last year we even hosted exhibition matches for this category," he said.
    All the matches will be played in the 21-point format in line with World Badminton Confederation rules, he said.
    Entry forms are available at the India Club Reception and also on the India Club website www.indiaclubdubai.com. Entries must be in by May 26.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Badminton court in sharjah or dubai

I am a filipina living in sharjah looking for a badminton court where i can play after work..and also playmates girls only for my past times and exercise also...please send me message through this email pheanelofienicholaine_101683@yahoo.com..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Badminton Enthusiast

Calling all Badminton Enthusiast, if ur level A or B and interested to play on weekends in Dubai.
    Well I'm inviting u to join our group and have some fun.
    Call - 050-7090361
    (for KABAYANS only)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just bringing this thread back to life. I've just moved to Dubai and am looking to find a club or some players to play with regularly. I came from Vienna and was used to training & playing there 3 times a week. Now I'm losing the fight against the flab! Please help save me .

Please call on 050 541 6219 if you fancy a game and know somewhere to play.

I called those old numbers for JJ & Shiva at the English Speaking School but they no longer connect so it looks like that club may be dead which is a shame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi to everyone!

We have badminton court in Rashidiya near Metro.If you are living in Mirdiff,Deira,DSO and International City 15 minutes drive you can reach to the court.Usually we are playing Wednesday or Thursday. Any interested drop me a call to this number 0566800715.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there is professional player or no??
    any coach there??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im professional player have moved to dubai,, rega, anyone intrested to play plz call me,, still dont know how to travel... 0504409427-nuwan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shuttle Badminton Courts (4-courts) are available in Sharjah, Near National Paint R/A, Evening 7-10pm, please contact 050-5453776, 055-7209970.

Quote Originally Posted by rpgazder View Post
    Hello,

I've been in Dubai for a year, and till now I can't find a decent indoor court to play on; or a partner to play with. It looks like baddy is very unpopular in Dubai... there are tennis and squash courts everywhere... Does anyone know any good club or any good indoor court in Dubai or Sharjah?

Please don't suggest Indian Sports Club, they're wayyyyyy too expensive (US$ 4,500 just to join for the first year, and an additional US$ 500 annually)

I'm also looking for enthisiastic players to team with or play with... this game is very unpopular here so I haven't really found anyone.

RPG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shuttle Badminton Courts (4-courts) are available in Sharjah, Near National Paint R/A, Evening 7-10pm, please contact 050-5453776, 055-7209970.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default indoor badminton court

Hello RPG

Not sure if you have already managaed on .Since not logged in for a while into this site.We have indoor courts in Emirates english speaking club with a one time member shipment fee of AED 1500/- and monthly AED 275/- from 6.00pm to 9.00pm all days except Thursday .unlimited feather shuttle will be provided by the club.
    Get back if you need any assistance .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am new in Dubai, looking for a court and some partners to play with. I consider myself of meduim skill. Would appreciate some guidance. masam85@yahoo.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

know of any courts with some good players ? I am new to Dubai masam85@yahoo.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am new in Dubai, looking for a court and some partners to play with. I consider myself of medium skill. Would appreciate some guidance. masam85@yahoo.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I am interested in playing badminton near Mirdif. I am an amateur but use to play with friends regularly. Any clubs in the area?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Contact Details for EESS

Quote Originally Posted by EESS_safapark View Post
    Hello RPG

Not sure if you have already managaed on .Since not logged in for a while into this site.We have indoor courts in Emirates english speaking club with a one time member shipment fee of AED 1500/- and monthly AED 275/- from 6.00pm to 9.00pm all days except Thursday .unlimited feather shuttle will be provided by the club.
    Get back if you need any assistance .
    Hi There, I am keen in joining the club and will appreciate if someone could forward the contact details (email and/ or phone number) of the club organiser. Thanks, A.Mir

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast