Any public accessible courts around Diamond Bar, Pomona, West Covina?

Discussion in 'USA West' started by Rex Polito, Jul 30, 2004.

1. Rex Polito

Rex Polito New Member

Anyone knows of public accessible badminton courts around Diamond Bar, Pomona and West Covina area?... or any court along the north 57 and east 60 freeways? and any place where I could get good rackets i these areas?

Thanks!

2. harimau

harimau Regular Member

ITs, CEs, P&C Insurance Agent
    Mt SAC

I think MT SAC has some badminton in its gym. But i dont know the schedule. Also, if you dont mind to drive for about 15-20 min, OCBC is open every day from 12pm to 10 pm. Guess fee is $ 10.00 if you are a student.

3. Californian

Californian Regular Member

For good play, you may have to go out to the San Gabriel Club in El Monte. It's open to non-members on weekday evenings and weekends. They also have a pro shop where you can buy racquets or have stringing done.

Personally, I haven't heard of anything in that immediate area. You can check the Parks & Recreation departments of the various cities around there, and you can check with Mt. SAC. Sometimes rec. departments have made gyms available for badminton, but it's rare these days, especially that far inland.

The Racquet Edge, across from Mt. SAC on Grand Ave. is primarily a tennis shop, but they do carry some quality badminton racquets, and can probably order anything you need. I just bought a genuine Yonex MP33 (no longer in production) from there. He's a bit on the expensive side, though.

4. Californian

Californian Regular Member

If you haven't found anything yet, you may want to check this out in Walnut:

http://www.ci.walnut.ca.us/pages/content/rserv/summer 04.pdf

In particular, the "Youth and Adult Sports: World Class Badminton" and the "Fitness: Gym Schedule" section. There's only a couple of weeks left, but maybe it will resume in the Fall.