Bay area badminton place via public transportation

Discussion in 'USA West' started by aznphi1osopher, Aug 7, 2004.

1. aznphi1osopher

aznphi1osopher Regular Member

hello , im new to the forum, and well i cant really drive yet, so i was wondering if anybody knows the public transportation routes to places to play in the bay area , ive gone to pleasonton and san jose state a couple of times, and durin the school year bret harte, but its summer and its not open yet. i would like to visit and see other players ie. players who play at westmoor, ucsf south san franciscio etc etc. however i dont have a ride to those places, and i was hopin if somebody knows how to get to those places via public transportation.

and also , some places that have been missed, but are also great places for badminton for levels intermediate and above is Bret hart middle school in oakland , and lincoln recreational center in oakland china town. bret hart is on fridays from 5-9 i think (o_O) havent been dare in a while , its summer and all. and lincoln is tuesdays and thursday from 3:30 pm - 8:00 pm. lincoln is free, but u gota pay for bret hart. $2 for adults, $1 for students.

2. SandyYeung

SandyYeung Regular Member

I only know how to take you to UCSF or USF in San Franciso area.
    To UCSF: If you coming from oakland area, take BART and get off at Powell station, then take #6 bus to Parnassus ave direction. Or Get off at embarcadero station and then take N-Judah to Ocean beach direction.........then get off at UCSF parking lot. Take the elevator to level I should take you to the Gym.
    To: USF- same method.......Take BART and get off at Powell and then walk up couples blocks to Greay Blvd.......then take #38 bus to ocean beach direction........get off at Arugello (I think).......walk up two or three blocks should get you there........hope this info would help you abit.........if there's a mistake, feel free to fill-in for me :)

3. aznphi1osopher

thank you sandy ^_^ , im gona try to make it dis week or next week.

4. aznphi1osopher

anybody knows the ucsf and usf gym times? and alot of people talk about south sf high , where is dat exactly =/