User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no doubting that there is no easy draw for anyone but ...

My opinion is that because this is a very high-ranking event (7* I think), players should be seeded to 16, not just 8. Especially when it is 32-draw event and that there are some fringe players around. Ronald Susilo, Roslin Hashim and Kenneth Jonassen/Chen Hong will probably go out in Round 1. Meanwhile Sergio Llopis, Richard Vaughan and Bjoern Joppien (with all due respect) have all the chance to make it to the last 16 in a 7* tournament.

And Peter Gade has an easy ride to the quarters so he will be relatively rested against Taufik/Choon Hann, while poor Chen Hong has not a single easy day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jonassen has no defence and agility?? for how many years have you been sleeping . Jonassen is perhaps the only one who can return smashes from to the back of the court from players like Lin Dan, Chen Hong and Gade. Besides that he has an awsome endurance and is not slow neither fast. Jonassens big weakness is his net play and sometimes he lacks in offensive play, but in the last years his offensive play has improved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morten
    Jonassen has no defence and agility?? for how many years have you been sleeping . Jonassen is perhaps the only one who can return smashes from to the back of the court from players like Lin Dan, Chen Hong and Gade. Besides that he has an awsome endurance and is not slow neither fast. Jonassens big weakness is his net play and sometimes he lacks in offensive play, but in the last years his offensive play has improved.
    He is one of the best defensive player in the world today. Only sometime he make too many unforce error.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gonna be very very interesting games

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I must agree with Morten, Jonassen is a very good defense player, maybe the best in the world, and he has also got a great endurance, so what the heck do you mean by "bad defense" have you not watched badminton in years or what?????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, the recent TC2004 match between him and Taufik confirmed that ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Morten

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just saw Korea open 2003 final park tae sang vs Kenneth jonassen
    and i confirmed jonassen has a REALLY GREAT DEFENCE Lool =p
    After what happened to him during TCup he deserves to go far

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy My Apologies to Kenneth's Supporters

Damn ! Everyone's reprimanding me. I just think that Chen Hong has a very heavy smash and probably Kenneth cannot take that. World No. 9 Ronald Susilo have lost to him in nine encounters and he himself have said that he could not take Chen's strong smash. I made that conclusion because I think that only players with strong defense like Taufik can be assured a win.

I admire Kenneth's determination but I think he lacks the ability to win Chen Hong. I think I will not make any comments about this issue anymore and I apologise for any mistakes I have made

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fook90
    Damn ! Everyone's reprimanding me. I just think that Chen Hong has a very heavy smash and probably Kenneth cannot take that. World No. 9 Ronald Susilo have lost to him in nine encounters and he himself have said that he could not take Chen's strong smash. I made that conclusion because I think that only players with strong defense like Taufik can be assured a win.

I admire Kenneth's determination but I think he lacks the ability to win Chen Hong. I think I will not make any comments about this issue anymore and I apologise for any mistakes I have made
    well, don't be too hard on yourself. you've got your point. it's always a thrill to watch a good defensive player challenging a good attacking player. Statistically, I would say that overall the attacking one would have better chance. That reminds me of 1985 All-england final between Zhao Jianhua and Morten Frost. Zhao was the more agressive of the two although I wouldn't classify Frost as a totally defensive player. Zhao was throwing everything at Frost who managed to return MOST of the difficult shots but it was only that very few shots that he couldn't return that cost him that game.

On Jonassen, he is without doubt one of the best defensive player around today. Reminds me much of some of the defensive ones in the 80's - like Prakash Padukone (India), Foo Kok Keong (M'sia), Xiong Guo Bao (China). It can be very frustrating for the less skilled attacking players to play against them. You can throw tons of bricks on them but be prepared to get those bricks right back at you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

oh come on kenneth kenneth jonassen..u gg to beat chen hong....
    by the way..all the matches are gg to be so interesting...cant wait to watch it..........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SE1992
    On Jonassen, he is without doubt one of the best defensive player around today. Reminds me much of some of the defensive ones in the 80's - like Prakash Padukone (India), Foo Kok Keong (M'sia), Xiong Guo Bao (China). It can be very frustrating for the less skilled attacking players to play against them. You can throw tons of bricks on them but be prepared to get those bricks right back at you.
    Actually I tend to think that one of the most defensive player currently on the men circuit is Roslin Hashim. Defencing seems to be what he does in most games though lately he has introduced some attacking elements in his game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rejang
    Actually I tend to think that one of the most defensive player currently on the men circuit is Roslin Hashim. Defencing seems to be what he does in most games though lately he has introduced some attacking elements in his game.
    I have a feeling Roslin will beat Sony this time. Choong Hann and Chong Wei will also go far.

The draws of the Malaysians are actually quite good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=

Damn ! The Indonesians are so unlucky ! Ronald, Sony and Taufik face so strong opposition in the early rounds. Ronald and Sony will face ever-strong Lin Dan and have to overcome Roslin Hashim in the first rounds respectively. Taufik will face Wong Choon Han in the second round if things go well.

QUOTE]

I am embarassed and surprised that as a Singaporean, I presume, you treat Ronald as Indonesian. For your information, although Ronald is Indonesia-born, he is a Singapore Citizen and should be treated as a Singaporean. It is unkind of you to categorize Ronald otherwise.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=

Damn ! The Indonesians are so unlucky ! Ronald, Sony and Taufik face so strong opposition in the early rounds. Ronald and Sony will face ever-strong Lin Dan and have to overcome Roslin Hashim in the first rounds respectively. Taufik will face Wong Choon Han in the second round if things go well.

QUOTE]

I am embarassed and surprised that as a Singaporean, I presume, you treat Ronald as Indonesian. For your information, although Ronald is Indonesia-born, he is a Singapore Citizen and should be treated as a Singaporean. It is unkind of you to categorize Ronald otherwise.

Ronald goes to Athens under the Singapore flag!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chinadoll
    wat a draw

susilo so fast meet top seeded... like that no need to play already
    Give Ronald a chance to prove himself. He has prepared himself well for this eventuality and it doesn't necessary mean that Lin Dan is superMAN and can't be beaten. He lost to Ronald once in their two career encounters. And if Lin should meet his compatriot, Bao Chunlai, Lin will have to play his best badminton for Bao knows how to beat and has beaten Lin before.

You may have given up hope, but not Ronald. Even the Chinese papers do not think Ronald is a pushover. In fact Ronald is in a better psychological position as the underdog.

This first encounter will be most exciting and if Ronald wins, you'll never know how far he can go in this Olympics! Do your best Ronald. You have nothing to lose!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh

Ronald goes to Athens under the Singapore flag!
    It is obvious Fook90 is Indonesian, isn't it? Assuming he is, it is not surprising that he treats Ronald as such. He is more in common with Ronald than you think, both Indonesian-bred in Singapore.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hcyong
    It is obvious Fook90 is Indonesian, isn't it? Assuming he is, it is not surprising that he treats Ronald as such. He is more in common with Ronald than you think, both Indonesian-bred in Singapore.
    I'm not sure about this and would appreciate if Fook90 (himself) could please state your position to clear the air.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast