User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Badminton is better than Futsal??

Hello All,

Sorry for the confusing title, I mean in term of looking for people to join. For futsal game, at least 10 players needed, but for badminton game, 4 players is quite enough to start a game.

In term of costing, I think both quite the same. Futsal more expensive on court renting and badminton is more on buying shuttlecock because normally court renting is more cheaper.

p/s :Only the badminton/futsal organizer can deeply understand this...

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You already have it worked out.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here it is quite cheap to rent a hall for futsal so with at least 10 people and no additional cost it is much cheaper than badminton. On the other hand it is much easier to organize for 2-4 people to get together ...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One is a real sport, in the Olympic charter; the other is a recreational younger brother of football. No contest. Badminton FTW. Plus it is faster, more intense and will get you fitter.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fan123 View Post
    One is a real sport, in the Olympic charter; the other is a recreational younger brother of football. No contest. Badminton FTW. Plus it is faster, more intense and will get you fitter.
    Obviously you have never played or seen a real futsal match

Just a quick search tells me one hour of futsal for a 175lbs man will burn 750 calories, 800 for a 190lbs man in another article. Competitive badminton I see one mention of 408 calories for one hour of play and social 238 @ 150 lbs, 477/278 @ 175lbs (in line with http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...alorie-burning)
    Last edited by demolidor; 04-07-2015 at 12:49 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    True.......

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now I have to say they feel equally tiring to me and the other topic also questions the competitiveness for those badminton numbers, and a little further they suggest numbers of 8-900 calories as well up to 1200 for higher level badminton. Probably for higher level futsal to pro it will be a higher number as well than in the articles ...

Example clip of pro level futsal:

Imo this should be the Olympic form of football rather than the glorified U23 tournament it is now .
    Last edited by demolidor; 04-07-2015 at 01:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im from singapore and both badminton and futsal are very popular here. And they are both my top two favourite sports!! (Third being sepak takraw)

Im not an organiser so im just giving my point of view as a player.

I actually spent more money on badminton than any other sport. For futsal, i only bought a pair of soccer boots (or football depending where you live) which costs about 60 - 150 sgd.... and they can last for 2++ years. As for the court / field, we always paid at most 5 dollars every session.

But for badminton, i spent about the same 60-150 for rackets, which i hope can also last for 2++ years, 12 sgd for shuttles (cheap yellow ashaways). 1 tube usually lasts about a month at most and i play 1-2 times a week. 15 sgd for strings. I have only started playing badminton regularly with my own branded rackets last year so i dont know how frequently i will have to restring. As for court bookings, its only 3.50 an hour so we dont mind not splitting the fee. Also as a singaporean, we get activeSG which gives us 100 dollar credits for free and ive spent 70 dollar credit PURELY on badminton courts.

Im a beginner badminton player and an intermediate futsal player. I only play them as a hobby so the amount i spent may differ to most here. i am not keen to invest on coaching but really looking forward to take part in competitions. :/

But at the end of the day, who cares how much you spent as long as you love somthing right? I love badminton and have not regretted every penny.

And yes, its easier to organise a badminton game compared to soccer. Thats why i played more badminton. Only last week, i planned with 6 of my friends but 4 of them unfortunately cannot make it. Theres a word for this. Its called 'paitao' i think. hahaha I dont know what it means actually. Anyway, it doesnt matter cos we had the court to ourselves for the whole 2 hours.
    In futsal, you completely destroy the game if you 'paitao' your friends.

Sorry for the long post hehe. And sorry for not answering which is better than which. I am not in the position to make that call. All i can say is that: i prefer badminton over futsal (and i really love futsal)
    Last edited by Chofiey; 04-07-2015 at 07:10 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a quick search tells me one hour of futsal for a 175lbs man will burn 750 calories, 800 for a 190lbs man in another article. Competitive badminton I see one mention of 408 calories for one hour of play and social 238 @ 150 lbs, 477/278 @ 175lbs (in line with http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...alorie-burning)
    u r rite demolidor...15 min fully focus game between badminton & futsal, I think futsal is the more sweating, stamina & thinking game..just my opinion..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

15 min fully focus between badminton and futsal, I think Futsal is more for stamina, sweating and thinking game...just my 50 cent opinion...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, u r rite..But I'm sweating a lot on futsal game..but sometimes I dun know why got smoke also came out from my body..lol...
    I'm not saying futsal is better than badminton..I think it depend on your skill level and how you play it...cheerss..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chofiey,

Don't worry, your point is rite friend..

These 2 games also is the most popular game in Malaysia..Especially on nite after work time..futsal court could be around RM80-RM100 per-hour & it will become cheaper if u can got more people..different from badminton, 1hour court just around RM8-RM15 only, but u need to spent more to buy a shuttlecock (RM65)..and it will become worst if u have less people..but shuttlecock I think normally can use for 2 times/day game...

so +/- the payment amount of both badminton & futsal is almost the same..

Actually I wont mind about the cost, I mean not to pay more than RM10 per-person in one game, the calories burn out is more important even I just play it this as a hobby...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW, reply with quote need approval from admin post...I just got informed about this..sorry if u see any double posting from me...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Demolidor,

Talking on calories burn out between badminton and futsal, I think I'm sweating a lot on Futsal game..but sometimes I dun know why got smoke coming out from my body..lol..

I'm not saying futsal is better than badminton, the point here is it really depend on your skill level & how u play it..I'm on beginner stage for badminton and intermidiate for futsal..So I'm more enjoy on playing futsal..but because of too difficult to gather at least 10 people, playing badminton is also a very enjoy game..cheerss..