string tension

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Ray, Jan 13, 2000.

1. Ray

Ray Guest

<html>Hello to all you badminton enthusiast's out there!!<p>I need to restring my badminton racquet, unfortunately from where I come from badminton is not really popular, so the types of strings available are severly limited. However, I would like to know what tension would be best adjusted to a Carbonex 21 SP. I am sort of a 'power freak', so naturally I would like the strings tighter than usual. However, I do not want jeopardize the life of my racquet severly from additional stresses of having a tighter than usual tension. Can anybody suggest a compromise??<br>Any help will be greatly appreciated.<br>Thankyou very much<br>Ray Lam
    </html>

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    <html>hi Ray,<p>a lot of factors determines your power output. cab21 is a nice head heavy racket with a lot of power. for the string, the best combination i have found is bg66@23-24lb. _however_, the cab21 used to be, and may still be, quite fragile a racket, so don't over-do the tension, and also the bg66 snaps quite easily too, but if you are looking for power, there you have it. good thing is, bg66 is quite cheap these days, can probbaly had for less than US$5 a pop.<p>happy smashing,<br>kwun<p>: Hello to all you badminton enthusiast's out there!!<p>: I need to restring my badminton racquet, unfortunately from where I come from badminton is not really popular, so the types of strings available are severly limited. However, I would like to know what tension would be best adjusted to a Carbonex 21 SP. I am sort of a 'power freak', so naturally I would like the strings tighter than usual. However, I do not want jeopardize the life of my racquet severly from additional stresses of having a tighter than usual tension. Can anybody suggest a compromise??<br>: Any help will be greatly appreciated.<br>: Thankyou very much<br>: Ray Lam<p>
    </html>

3. killersmash

killersmash Regular Member

haha make a 7 year old thread come back to life