What is your ideal badminton gym like?

Discussion in 'Places to play / Clubs / Local Events' started by dailybads, Aug 11, 2004.

1. dailybads

dailybads Regular Member

animator
    Hi I need some inputs fr members here in terms of your ideal badminton gym.
    I need to put together a list for a group interested in building a new gym.

price? per session/walk-in
    membership fee?
    operating hours
    floor type? wood, court mat?
    seating/waiting area?
    what type of crowd? players?
    how many courts?
    waiting system
    how far you willing to drive to the gym
    and anything u can think of!

thanks.

2. aznphi1osopher

aznphi1osopher Regular Member

well my ideal (dream) gym , woud be sumtin like.. free walkins , 7 days a week, open all day , 6-9 courts , the pleaston waitin system seems to work ok , good lighting , reachable via public transportation , any level of player seems good, preferably people of C rank and above.

however , bein its obvious that information was useless because its not possible, here is a more possible one

$2-$4 walk in, monday and wednesday nights ( because it seems like alot of open gyms are tuesday, thursday, friday, saturday and sunday) so by havin a gym around the bay area open on monday and wednesday nights badminton addicts like me who wants to play everyday can actually play everyday. 6 courts is decent and normal , pleasonton waiting system is effective to a certain degree, reachable via public transportation , good lighting , not too dim and dark makin the atmosphere feel dead. player level doest matter to me, because if theres good players then ill have some good games , if the players are novices then i get to pratice, franky it matters not to me, since all i want to do is play train and practice.

3. beermonstertw

beermonstertw Regular Member

I had a dream to have my own badminton club ever since I was little.In those days trainging at schools,all I wanted was just the courts that meet the standards of olympic games.Now I see many satisfyingly good badminton courts in gymnasia,private clubs and universities.Yet still,I keep dreaming my dream club from time to time in my head.I dream of what it looks outside,where it`s located and even faced.What it has inside and how many other facilities.How will I run the club when I retired and what will it do when I die.Some professionals,great players and the rich have already had clubs I like for many decades,however,in reality,they do find it difficult to run their clubs at times.Many of them started running clubs and their gymnasia like doing a business,they combined some other popular indoor sports and facilities together,brought good players into the clubs,gave people proper education and training,tried to make badminton games fun and more enjoyable,offered jobs and opportunities to young players and MBA students,gave money to charities and schools,and so on.Often,they forgot to upgrade and update their facilities regularly and neglect to spend most of their time to make badminton games look like an option when it comes to choosing an activity for pleasure/pastime for any occasions.
    I want a club that has four courts,a restaurant,a hotel,a multi-purpose gymnasium for other sports,a video/game room,a library,a SPA,a pro-shop,a clinic,a salon,a parking lot,a garden and a weight room.Members can use all the facilities even the oven to bake their pies in the restaurant.Detailing/polishing their saloons in parking lot and change their tyres there too.SPA has jacuzzi,shower,steam and dry sauna,icing bath,massage,physio section,SPA must be half indoor and half outdoor,can enjoy the nature when you use it.Do your own stringing jobs at the pro-shop or have it done by a staff;search for videos of good games in the library and sports related/medical reference books in the library.Quality,fun and friendships is all I wanted,I`ll give it to an elementary school when I die.

4. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

I hope your dream comes true :)

5. beermonstertw

beermonstertw Regular Member

If I had time for business I would start a gym here in Montreal despite the fact that there`re many clubs in schools,community centers,YMCA,MAA,club atwater,N.D.G.club,etc.There`re plenty of places you can go and play badminton but they`re all found wanting.I would like a place in downtown that has two standards courts,a sauna and a weight room,it must be open twenty four -seven year round.It`s all computerized,no one works there but computers and a cleaning maid.Each section can be seperated and will meet standards;You pay seven dollars for each facility.You can come for a hot bath without playing badminton.Badminton/seven dollars,Sauna/seven dollars,Weight room/seven dollars.There`re six hours for every visit no matter what you do.There`s a fifty percent off for second option,say if you want to do badminton and sauna,it`s ten dollars and fifty cents,yes,we do the tax.If you want all the access to the entire facility,badminton,sauna and weight lifting;it`s twelve dollars and twenty five cents,again,yes, we do the tax for you.There`s no initial fees,monthly dues and memerships either.Personal information is required for the very first purchase which can be done through internet.If all the Badmintoncentral.com members as one company we share all the profits together,also,split risks,too.Hopefully,reach our antennas to other cities and countries afterwards.I don`t know about you,but I see a great opportunity now and here.You want some competition?I`ll be there for ya,it`s free,because ..............I`m a badminton ...........Monster..............

6. jamesklass

jamesklass New Member

Physician
    I want a club that has four courts,a restaurant,a hotel

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]