badminton clubs in London

Discussion in 'UK' started by katuskak, Aug 11, 2004.

1. katuskak

katuskak New Member

Hello, I´m 23 years old and I play badminton in Slovakia 12 years. Actually I´m on 9th place in single in Slovak ranking. In the beginning of september i´ll go to London for minimum 1 year. Is it possibe to find there any club where I can play. (the best in SE London). Can someone help me?
    :) katarina

#1 katuskak, Aug 11, 2004
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2004
  2. david14700

david14700 Regular Member

I don't know of any strong clubs in SE London unfortunately. Most of them tend to be in SW (towards Surrey) and in North London. There is a club called Crescent Badminton Club which is in central London, near Elephant and Castle. They have a website.

If you're a national level competitive player, Wimbledon Squash and Badminton Club has the best facilities in London (7 purpose made courts) and several women's singles players from the GB squad. Wimbledon is pretty easy to get to from Waterloo station (12-15 minutes by train I think).

Your best plan might be to contact the Middlesex Badminton Association. They can tell you which clubs in London have training facilities and teams for women's singles leagues.

David

3. UkPlayer

UkPlayer Regular Member

Academic
    Crescent I doubt will be good enough. I do not know any clubs in SE London. If you can, your best option is to travel over to Wimbledon or maybe try Frenford in NE london. But first of all contact the English badminton association baofe.co.uk and ask them for a list of clubs.

4. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)
    Wimbledon is by far the best club and has ladies who play for England who play there so the level would be to your liking

Contact the head pro, Stuart Wardell and he will give you all the information you need about badminton in Wimbledon and the surrounding area

You can look around the link below for information on Wimbledon:

http://www.wsbc.co.uk/1welcome/index.html

5. spiderman123

spiderman123 New Member

Hello Katarina, my name is Richard Reid, and I am the Chairman of Britannia Black Arrows Badminton. We play on Sundays between 3pm-6pm at The Queensbridge Centre, 30 Holly Street, London, E8 3XW. I understand you were looking for a club in south east London, but our club is friendly, and we have some very strong players. We play in the Middlesex leagues, and our Ladies, mens and Mixed first teams are all in Division 1.

If you are interested in visiting our club, please give me a call on 07973 882110.
    Regards, Richard.

6. katuskak

katuskak New Member

Hi Richard,
    I think, i would like to visite your club and try to play. It is quite a long way from SE London, but I think it is possible for me to go there on sunday. please can you send me more information about a club, how to find it and when can I come.
    I hope it will be possible to join the club.
    If it is possible, please contact me on katuskak@pobox.sk, or 07905080702
    Regards
    Katarina