User Tag List

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea unfortunately in SJ/Milpitas Area,
    Bravo is on channel 48 but in Fremont area its 181 and u need cable box to watch it!!!
    Argh...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately Comcast is pretty inconsistent with which cities/areas get Bravo on regular analog cable or making it only available on digital systems. I'm in Fremont and subscribe to analog, which doesn't include Bravo, but if I moved a few dozen miles north, say, Oakland or Berkeley, Bravo is included in the basic analog package.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Pigs are flying

I can't believe badminton is on US TV, even though it was a decent mixed match up...I remember saying to one of my rookie badminton friend about badminton on US TV...when pigs fly ...funny when I got the text message today. Anyway the signal and quality is very good, much better than the reception from Jakarta (Thomas cup). I wish they had better commentators that were more knowledgeable about the game, maybe a US coach or national player who knew some history. The commentary reminded me of the dry comments of the "old school" anchor on ESPN this past week. I swear they use the same commenters that were commentating for table tennis. Also it was kind of funny that they did not have any commercial targeting Asian Americans, as that would be the main demographic watching badminton. But all complaining aside, I can only hope that this becomes a trend and that the upcoming world championships will also be televised.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

i actually think the commentation isn't too bad considering where they start off with. a hockey commentator who played badminton in the 50's. they managed to do some homework on some history but still miss quite a few which is understandable.

they were quite professional and doesn't show any arrogance nor bias towards/against certain countries like some other regular badminton commentator that we know.

hopefully they will liven up towards the end of the week for the faster matches like MS/MD. very much looking forward to those matches!

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

update on the schedule.

nbcolympics.com has Tennis start at 4am. and here in the west coast at 1am, Tennis just started. so i think the schedule is actually EDT. also on the info bar at the bottom of the screen, it now says badminton is 7.15am ET. so i think we in the west coast will see it air at 4.15am.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are now showing badminton on Bravo. It just started. Right now it's Gong Ruina vs. Ponsana. Mary Carillo did mention Lin Dan in the transition to badminton, so here's to hoping they'll show Lin Dan/Susilo! Cross your fingers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For people in the West Coast, tune in around 7:00-7:10AM.

Edit: That is, unless Bravo is doing a nationwide broadcast.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

it is on NOW in Bravo. Gong vs. Polsana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gong Ruina's footwork is so fluid, even more so now that's in glorious high resolution. I still want Zhang Ning to win the gold, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm posting so much, sorry. Just feel like making my own commentary.

But seeing Kim/Ra in the far court was just too cool.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

move over to the other thread...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are all so lucky to have the possibilty to see badminton. I am a dutchman living in Italy. Our players aren't doing that bad and even in the Netherlands they must show something, at the least I could always watch German and English television to see extra bits. Now I live in Italy, which is great in a way, but must be THE country in the world that badminton forgot...probably all the sea and mountains that keep out new things...so I am bound to see absolutely nothing! And that is really frustrating when I see the results, the matches they are going to play. Well, at least I can see 6 hours of live shooting on TV, because some Italian is participating...... So you all who can watch: count your blessings! Enjoy it and keep posting so I can get some of the excitement!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It seems unbelievable but USA is giving more airtime to badminton than HK is

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung
    It seems unbelievable but USA is giving more airtime to badminton than HK is
    ...it's worst in france...they scheluded a lot of badminton since yesterday ...but nothing passed on Tv .... ='((

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay this is the second day (sunday) and i didnt see badminton on bravo, maybe i missed it? i saw tennis softball and ping pong only.. people on the east, when did you see the badminton event?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AzNbOi2747
    okay this is the second day (sunday) and i didnt see badminton on bravo, maybe i missed it? i saw tennis softball and ping pong only.. people on the east, when did you see the badminton event?
    Bravo showed the Gong Ruina vs. Ponsana Salakjit match this morning, only about 30mins, at around 4am or so, PST

NBCOlympics/Zap2it said badminton would be from 5-7am ish, but I guess tennis finished sooner than expected, moving badminton up an hour

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the way, NBCOlympics also shows badminton at 12noon on CNBC, anyone know if this is changing? perhaps another time change listed in the bottom of the screen updates at :15 and :45 past the hour?

just caught a MSNBC schedule update at :45 past the hour, it shows CNBC showing badminton (men's doubles) at 3:30pm EST (or 12:30pm PST I presume)
    Last edited by monto; 08-15-2004 at 11:47 AM.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast