SomeOne Needs to Use This For Badminton Movies

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by wedgewenis, Aug 15, 2004.

1. wedgewenis

wedgewenis Regular Member

hello there ... if you want badminton to be seen by more people then someone must start putting them on

www.suprnova.org

this is a file sharing website where you can get just about everything ..there is even a sports section

this site gets a huge amount of traffic ..with literally thousands of people downloading through bit-torrent software

i'm not exactly sure how it works as far as hosting files but you movie-posters should really look into it.

www.suprnova.org

you get the software here:

http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/

2. bigredlemon

bigredlemon Regular Member

suprnova doesn't have a tracker. It's just a site that lists torrents. We can do that on BF just fine. There aren't many public trackers though. It would be nice if someone could set up a public/private tracker for badminton enthusiates. It won't take much bandwidth, just a little bit of CPU. If only we had someone...

You listening Kwun? :p

3. wedgewenis

it dont know if its the best option for US anyway but worth doign anyhow

why would you hide your videos on an BF site where only a small number of people would see it - isn't this is a good thing to spread exposure to the game?

suprnova has a huge number of users

4. Mini Me

Mini Me Member

you are welcome to spread my files around anyway you like (apart from selling them). i've already gone through the reasons why i'm not going to use anything other than emule.

5. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    Same for me, I will only use eMule too.

You are free to spread the files elsewhere if you like...

6. xofrevlis

xofrevlis Regular Member

Student
    emule forever.
    Most of us have emule on during our waking hours at least, but bittorrent is more of a short-term high-speed option.
    Emule may be slow, but you don't have to sit around waiting for them to finish downloading, go download other stuff or find other things to do in the meantime. ;)

7. delio

delio Regular Member

Informatics & Study
    hi,
    the new bittorrent clients have the same configuration that emule has(dow/up kb limits, port configuration, resume, etc).
    download Azureus (http://azureus.sourceforge.net/) and you see :)

if you want to upload(sharing) some specific files, azureus is the best, because you don't need a server(it's 'real' peer2peer), @ my job i reach 90KB/s Download :eek:

but if you want to put your files for a long time emule is best(bittorrent seeds normaly die in some weaks), eMule alows sharing movies for more time(many files in eMule are online more than 1year)

for recent badminton files i sugest to put in bitTorrent, it´s faster for download, and for upload, you see tha your upload time is faster, and you can see when you can stop the upload :cool:

if you want to try, you never go back
    :D

8. wedgewenis

so i guess nobody is interesting in showing badminton to new people ....

9. Mini Me

Mini Me Member

if you really believe that someone needs to use bittorrent then why don't you start putting some of the already available videos up there? :confused:

10. Mini Me

Mini Me Member

downloading speeds have been an issue for some people. in my view this is an unreasonable complaint given that the resources available to most people is what restricts the speed. in australia (and possibly other countries), 56k dialup only has an upload speed of 33.6k, which is approx 4kb/s. personal adsl is usually either 64k or 128k upstream. this is only 8kb/s or 16kb/s. cable internet is also limited to 128k upstream. how can anyone reasonably expect to get 50+kb/s download speeds when the limited uploading bandwidth also needs to be shared by many other downloaders? if you are getting fast speeds then it means other people are getting slow speeds. that doesn't sound like sharing to me. if you want fast speeds then you will need to wait for a file to be shared around to many people first or you need to spend some money on a public server.

11. delio

delio Regular Member

Informatics & Study
    I think that the way is puting then in eMule/kazzaa/DC/etc.

I was only report the technical view of the 2 sharing protocols.
    @work i can´t have any seed in BitTorrent, but i can download @ great speeds, and in portugal we don´t get ANY badminton time in TV :(((
    Normally i download badminton videos in bitTorrent then i put then in eMule.
    Now I have a lot of badminton videos in eMule(@ upload 10KB).

yes, in portugal the real average UpLoad is 18/12KB in ADSL in Cable is +-20KB. The only way to speed up dowload time of others, is keeping sharing the files after download was completed, if you have only 2 ou 3 peers you and you have 10 guys to download, you have the upload of 2/3 divided by 10 or more :eek:. Some times the download speed is very good(+10KB), if there are many(+10) upLoaders :)

anyway, many thanks for the original sharing UpLoaders, my intire colection of badminton videos was downloaded from you guys :)

thanks. :D

12. Arcos

Arcos Regular Member

i'm interested to know where u download badminton videos using bt. I can't seem to find any files

13. wedgewenis

you don't

because nobody has setup a tracker for them

thats the whole point of this thread.. i'm saying someone should do that

infact i think getting the videos on as many file sharing programs as possile

if you go on emule there are like 50 files but on kazaa you'll only find one or 2 (if your lucky)

and Kazaa is alot faster than emule

i'm not complaining about emule anymore - i have come to the realization that if i wait awhile i'll evenutally get the files - i have downloaded like 2 gigs of badminton vids sofar and i'm very happy

my point is that its even better to spread the files to other networks... bit torrent being one of the best - most visible places NEW people could find them.

14. delio

delio Regular Member

Informatics & Study
    there at least 2 seeds @suprnova.org

I download almost all my Thomas/Uber Cup Movies(i think +-2Gb) in bitTorrent@great speads, but now they are dead :(

I think(raed in some other's threads) that are others torrents in CHN?/KOR?/INA?/MAS?/??? foruns, but i can't be sure.
    I only speak/read(not very good :eek: ) Português(e etc.) and English :(

15. wedgewenis

2 seeds for what?

i have never seen badminton on www.supronva.org

16. delio

delio Regular Member

Informatics & Study
  17. bigredlemon

bigredlemon Regular Member

I think you misunderstand the my post. YOU CANNOT POST BADMINTON VIDEOS ON SUPRNOVA. Because they do not have a tracker. We need to supply our own tracker. The easiest person that can supply a tracker is kwun. We cannot torrent badminton videos until someone (i.e. kwun) gives us a tracker.

18. tranvi007

tranvi007 Regular Member

Student
    Eh!!!

Doesn't work!! The movies don't seem to work.