TV Coverage

Discussion in 'Olympics ATHENS 2004' started by david14700, Aug 16, 2004.

1. david14700

david14700 Regular Member

Is it just me or is the TV coverage not very good? Especially the main angle from behind the court - the camera is too high, you can't really see the rallies clearly.

At the World Championships or the All England, the camera is closer and lower, so you can see how high and how far back in the court the shuttle is, but at the Olympics the camera is so high that you're looking down at the court from too steep an angle.

I'm not impressed.

2. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)
    That's because Sky sports cover these competitions and have a lot of practice in doing so unlike Greek national broadcasting who supply the links :(

3. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Never learn

And we thought by now someone would have learnt from All England about how to capture video in badmimton event. Really sad.

4. david14700

david14700 Regular Member

I was watching a men's doubles match yesterday and you can hardly see the shuttle. Plus, the sound is so low you can only hear the shuttle being hit when they hit a really hard smash, and even then it's barely audible.

I love tournaments like the Copenhagen Masters where you have one court in a small arena, and the sound of the shuttle being hit is so clear and sharp, it's like being courtside.

Come on Olympic organisers, get organised.

5. Californian

Californian Regular Member

Yes, I agree the camera is too far away. Also, it looks like only one court is set up for coverage. The close-up, slow-motion replays are good, but they don't show them much.