gail emms is #1

Discussion in 'Olympics ATHENS 2004' started by gail emms#1 fan, Aug 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gail emms#1 fan

gail emms#1 fan New Member

Gail Emms is number 1 she is the best womens badminton player in the world and she is the prettiest. Come on Gail!!!!!!!

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    she and her partner nathan knock of the china XD pair Zhao Tingting and Chen Qiqiu. Wow, so many unexpected results from this olympic. I think it's great for this sport.

here are some pics

Attached Files:

3. Matt Ross

Matt Ross Regular Member

Student
    I have been wondering why their rackets have only a small carlton logo on them? Perhaps they forgot their stencil and had to hand make them? Looks odd with a small logo there.

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Attached Files:

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

just my theory.

stringers (whoever they are) at athen didn't have the official stencils from carlton and yonex so they might have had to improvise, make them on the spot.

Go to the the pictures thread and see yonex rackets from different players have 2 distinct YY logo styles. At first i thot yonex had changed their logo but i later. Lin dan mp99 YY logo look original. Others like kenneth J., the YY logos look clonies ;)

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

real YY stencil (i think)

Attached Files:

• yyr.jpg
      yyr.jpg
      File size:
      2.5 KB
      Views:
  8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

home made (i think)

Attached Files:

• yy1.jpg
      yy1.jpg
      File size:
      4.6 KB
      Views:
    • yy3.jpg
      yy3.jpg
      File size:
      2.5 KB
      Views:
  9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    "must be fake!"

10. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    when I first saw the picture, I thought I saw Federer playing badminton :D:D (the head band)

The logo.......perhaps they prefer the small ones?? :D (They probably downloaded the logo off the internet.....)

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

12. laughable c.

laughable c. Regular Member

to burn a hole(s) in my seat - more difficult than
    did you watch her play in the finals against zhangjun/gaoling? if you haven't , do so. if you have, and still find her a SKILLFUL player, you must have been watching with a clouded mind. try watching her play with a CLEAR, and NEUTRAL mind.

coz when i watched HER play, i strongly felt that our skills are totally comparable. i mean, she made the same , darn, silly mistakes i usually make. and mind you, no one should EVER compare themselves to me (honestly)!

13. Neil Nicholls

Neil Nicholls Regular Member

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

14. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    laughable c, I think YOU aren't very "neutral" here... I doubt your skills get anywhere near Gail Emms' unless you are a very good player(?).

With the same logic, have you seen some of Kim Dong Moon's silly mistakes? I'm sure you can make the same ones, does this make you comparable to him? :confused:

Let's be serious will we... :rolleyes:

:cool::cool::cool:

15. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)
    I thought the stencils (ADVERTS) had to be smaller because of the strict advertising rights at the olympics where the official sponsors come first and not the team or individual sponsors.

I'm surprised no one has noticed the bags, they were clearly Yonex but instead of the Yonex logo they had the countries names embroidered on the side with a very small flag logo.

16. laughable c.

that's exactly the point i was trying to make. i have NEVER seen another professional player make the mistakes that SHe made. have YOu ever seen another hit a shuttlecock right into the net like an untrained player? and the countless no. of misses. it's almost hilarious.

ok, i suppose i DID exaggerate a little about us being on par at badminton; FOR as i pointed out before, im not an exquisite player!.. but the MAIN msg i was trying to get across was: she isn't a very good player, let alone be #1!!

also, the 'neutral' i meant was, to put aside partiality for her and to adopt a proper mind set to judge to way she plays..

17. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i think Emms played pretty well in the Olympics final. despite losing, both Robertson and Emms were playing at the very highest levels. Emms did make a few mistakes in the first game, but when she really got into it in the second and third game, i think she was actually as sharp as Gao Ling if not sharper. the reason why Zhang/Gao won in the end was that they managed to gain ground strategically by pinning Gail in the rear court more often by serving high to her. Gail was weaker at the rear court, that created numerous chances for Zhang/Gao to force a clear out of them and then Zhang pounds the birdie to the floor.

18. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i have. including players like Gao Ling, Ra, Minarti, any of them playing on a bad day or under tremendous pressure will make simple mistakes.

i agree that Emms' technique isn't the smoothest, but i also think your accusatoin of Emms is a bit too biased and not objective.

19. laughable c.

ok. i guess i'll agree that people do get nervous esp. during something as big as the olympic finals and thus, make these kinda trips. just the same, i
    really haven't seen somebody make that many at such times... i was prepared to see high quality playing. after all, it wasn't easy to reach the finals, rite..

but you really can't say i'm accusing emms, or am being biased. like i said again, all i'm disagreeing is the statment made about gail emms being #1. chill out, ok? i'm far from trying to bring anyone down. sorry if i sounded harsh or anything.. :eek:

20. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Laughable c.

Gathering from your other posts, I am sure that you're a Chinese team fanatic and not just in badminton:rolleyes:. So I think that you shouldn't try to justify your "objectivity" when you're obviously so biased towards one side. Not only does it sounded lame, you insult other people's intelligence with your rationale.

Anybody who qualified for the Olympics and played for his/her country should not be compared to the working stiffs among us who only play recreationally. These athletes have shown extraordinary dedication to their sports to play for their countries, especially when some of them have to pay their own way there:(.

Also, I think it's safe to say that most Asian badminton teams are better supported by their government than Non-Asian ones, so I felt that they deserved my support due to their additional obstacles more than the other more 'professional' teams. Yeah, they may not be as good as the powerhouse teams but that doesn't mean they don't deserve to win:mad:.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.