Spirit of Olympics

Discussion in 'Olympics ATHENS 2004' started by ants, Aug 16, 2004.

1. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    The Spirit Olympics have been haunting many competitors.. what i can say is even the best players bowed out to unheard underdogs.. This Olmpics 2004 has been full of suprises for game of Badminton..

Starting from the Hot Favourite Singles for this event , LinDan , who tamely lost to Ronald Susilo of Singapore. LinDan just can't read Ronalds game.. lost with head bowed down and confused.. coach LiYongbo is so frustrated of the results.

Next to pack her bag is Camilla Martin which is a one on the top contender lost to unheard British player Hallam Tracey in a teeth gritting match on the 3rd set which she won 13-11. I guess this will be Camilla's Final Stop in Badminton.

Then top seed mixed doubles Ra/Kim lost 2 straight sets to mighty danes JR/Olssen in an exciting matchup.. 1st Set was a close tight match where the Danes won 17-14 and a distraught Koreans handed the 2nd Set to Jr/Rikke Olssen. Which both of them celebrate like they have just won the Gold medal.. which i think is their biggest win in mixed doubles event so far..

soon after winning the mixed doubles... JR/Paaske lost to young guns Korean pairs Yim/Kim in 3 sets.. i guess JR and Paaske didn't have their World Championship magic with them this time.. thumbs up as well for the Koreans as they play their hearts out in the 3 exciting sets of their lifes.

The story continues as favourite contender for the Gold from Europe by the name of Peter Gade... tamely bowed out to India's Kanetkar Nikhil. Peter had a shock when lost the 1st set 15-2 in less than 30mins. But he manage to win 2nd set 15-5.
    But then on the 3rd set.. its anyone's game... but i guess the Indian played better than Gade..

Oh well.. the story continues as there will be many suprises to be unfold...

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    ants, if Peter does lose tomorrow with that scoreline, i will be very very scared because you have the ability to forsee the future!

3. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    If i can see the future.. i will be in Las Vegas now :p hehehe

I got the results of Peter Gade match from the website. Unless there is an error.