Ronald Susilo VS Boonsak Ponsana

Discussion in 'Olympics ATHENS 2004' started by Fook90, Aug 17, 2004.

?

Boonsak Polsana or Ronald Susilo wins?

Poll closed Aug 18, 2004.
  1. Boonsak Polsana

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Ronald Susilo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Fook90

Fook90 Regular Member

Student
    After upseting fifth seed Lee Hyun II, Boonsak Ponsana will now face Ronald Susilo.

I really hope that Susilo can win and there will finally be a Singaporean who can reach the Semi-Finals and maybe the Finals !!!

2. Tezta.com

Tezta.com Regular Member

I stay at home as much as possible
    this game is going to be so "smooth" imagine 2 really smooth simple players playing against each other.

3. Gade supporter

Gade supporter Regular Member

Susilo can maximum reach the semifinals, he will be beating by Gade or Taufik.

4. Brave_Turtle

Brave_Turtle Regular Member

Student
    Gade and Taufik will be very exhausted from their match, the winner of the two might be too tired to face Susilo.

But hey, Susilo have to pass Boonsak first and its not achieved yet. Boonsak is a warrior and I'm sure he will give anything to win. We might see another upset... who knows :p

5. - 73* -

- 73* - Regular Member

i actually think boonsak has a better chance for some strange reason....

6. Kai

Kai Regular Member

Student
    Ya...Ronald may be able to go tru Gade or Taufik if he beat Polsana! :rolleyes:
    >>>>Gade and Taufik will be very exhausted from their match, the winner of the two might be too tired to face Susilo.
    Ronald is just abit like Greece Soccer team. He quite defensive player, He did not allowed Lin Dan to smash anyway he liked. And...u see....Gade and Taufik both r much of rather Attacking type..... Furthermore they might really be too tired to face Susilo. So Ronald May be able to tire them even further!! :D
    Hopefully Ronald Can at least enter the semi! As long as he got a Medal, Tat would be Great!!!! :p

7. wl2172

wl2172 Regular Member

Me too. I think Boonsak will proceed.

8. Morten

Morten Regular Member

why is everyone talking about being too tired. This is the olympics and the players have trained for several months. Every top player are capable of playing two long matches in two days... look at Chen Hong for example.

9. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    maybe most of 'us' are too tired staying up late, looking 4 results and staring at the computer screen 4 too long.

what i noticed compared to other tournaments is that in the normal opens, ppl only get excited about badminton results from the quater finals and start posting like mad.

but this is the a whole diff ball game (the Olympics what) and every one (the fans) are quite tired? already cause we are not used to/have 'fitness' fom the start to the final?

just a thought :D

10. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i added a poll to this one.

very interesting match imho.

both very promising youngsters. both come from smaller badminton nations. neither one of them have anything to lose and i am sure they will fight to their max to earn their nation a first appearance in Olympics badminton semi-final, or may even a medal.

11. Brave_Turtle

Brave_Turtle Regular Member

Student
    Kwun who you voted for?

12. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    it was a tough one. took me a while to actually make the choice. with Boonsak narrowly edging over Ronald.

i think either one winning will be a great achievement. while among the top few badminton nations, we cannot compare Singapore and Thailand to the "big 5" badminton powerhouses. it was only bad luck that they are drawn against each.

as for my choice, i think while Ronald is on fire right now, Boonsak is usually more composed and is able to play a good defense game he is chooses to. which is important at this level of competition. i just feel that there are more weapon on Boonsak's side than Ronald.

but the choice was like 52/48 to Boonsak. they are very very close.

13. Pecheur

Pecheur Regular Member

This could be one of the most old fashioned Mens Singles matches we've seen at the top level in a loooong time. Neither are the huge smash thumping type, expect lots of lifting, drops, movement around the court, great defence, so old school, it might almost be like Womens Singles ;)

14. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    This is a tough one. Boonsak plays with a lot of strapping on his knee. It might be tough for him if the game is a long one.

Ugh, do I have to make a choice? Most of mine have lost their games.... :eek:

15. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Agree 100%... both are very young. But i think Ronald have the edge over Boonsak.

16. TrunkZ69

TrunkZ69 Regular Member

Student

Pick the one you don't want to win then :)

17. jeffreyk

jeffreyk Regular Member

anyone can confirm when will this match be played?

according to my local papers, it will be played on 2:00pm (+8 GMT) Singapore Time. But this could not be right after I checked Athens website which show 1400 hrs (+2 GMT)

I'm not going to miss this match! Thanks!

18. leehsim

leehsim Regular Member

As far as I know it will be live at 7 pm (Singapore time) on Media Corp Channel 5 on 18 Aug 2004

19. nauknip

nauknip Regular Member

Exactly. I hate to make a choice between my two favourite men's singles players having supported both of them for a few years now. But it's the Olympics, so Ronald it has to be. Whatever the outcome, I'm really happy for both of them. Ronald has proven himself and his hardwork is bearing fruit, at the same time bringing Singapore's name into elite badminton. Boonsak has come so far since hitting the headlines as the 'dragon slayer' in the 2001 Asia Cup. I hope he stays around for a while longer and not go full-time so soon in his law career.

I am so not going to miss this match. It's been a long time since I last saw Boonsak in action. What's more, it's Ronald AND Boonsak! I was contemplating faking an MC. Thank god it's been rescheduled.

#19 nauknip, Aug 17, 2004
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2004
  20. jeffreyk

jeffreyk Regular Member

I saw the same timing on TV too! But this morning "TODAY" papers & "TV Mobile" both indicated 2pm! Thats why I'm confused.

Thanks leehsim!