Great Match!

Discussion in 'Olympics ATHENS 2004' started by Adel, Aug 18, 2004.

1. Adel

Adel Regular Member

Student
    Anyone saw the Women's Doubles quarterfinals between Hwang Yu Mi/Lee Hyo Jung (KOR) and Zhao Ting Ting/Wei Yi Li (CHN)?

What a match! Both sides played very well (when they did), made a lot of errors (when they did) and displayed tremendous nerves of steel - the Koreans by coming back from sth like a 1-8 deficit in the decider to reach 13-14. I thought it was over for China by then but Zhao and Wei managed to keep their cool - something less experienced players would have difficulty doing if their opponent manages to score something like 7 pts in a row while they just cannot bring home that match point!

As an aside, Hwang looked absolutely cute in her top and skirt - I loved the colors! And you could catch the Chinese men's team cheering for their team-mates with the audience.

This is like the first WD match I've seen in a year so it was really cool...

2. Polkadots

Polkadots Regular Member

yah one great match! Never expect this type of pace from a WD. Very good play with extremely little unforced errors and really long rallies! THe Koreans were really mentally strong. I think they play very welleven though they loss in the end. the decider match was simply exciting man! :)

3. chinadoll

chinadoll Regular Member

i hate it when the korean gals shout and shout..... so irritating :mad:

4. Polkadots

Polkadots Regular Member

I think some players shout in triumph upon scoring. It's a way to release stress built up in the game play. like I also shout in triumph when I manage to serve the shuttle across the net. :p

5. Adel

Adel Regular Member

Student
    Well, the Chinese shout too. Many athletes do.

6. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Haven't see it, but NBC-Bravo should show some matches in a couple minutes, hope it's the one. :)

7. david14700

david14700 Regular Member

I think it's quite cool when players shout in triumph after a good point. It psyches them up, helps keep team spirit up and it looks good on TV.

You should see the finals of big events when Gao/Huang play Zhang/Yang, they go nuts! But it looks great :p