Robertson & Emms are in the FINAL!!

Discussion in 'Olympics ATHENS 2004' started by Pete G, Aug 18, 2004.

1. Pete G

Pete G Regular Member

Electronics Broker
    Oh ye of little faith - GB mixed pair Nathan & Gail have won their semi-final 15-6 15-12.....a massive well done & best of luck in the final..... :D

2. david14700

david14700 Regular Member

I don't want to brag and say 'I told you so' but *ahem* I did say they were playing really well and would go far, especially Emms.

Anyone remember when she first came out on tour with Archer, she looked completely lost against stronger opposition. But at the Olympics, she's probably the most improved player I've seen, or at least, she's playing to her full potential, which is more than I can say for a lot of these top seeds who've made early exits.

Forget about Kim and RA, what da hell happened to the Chinese men's team? Is it a case of the extra pressure getting to them, or do you think the 'spirit' of the Olympics is inspiring the lower seeds?

In any case, it's a sad farewell to a lot of great players after this event, no more Camilla, Kim Dong-Moon, Ra Kyung-Min, Xia Xuanze, maybe Peter Gade (?), Rikke Olson (I know she hasn't won a lot of big titles, but she has been such a consistent player for so long and such a nice person too)...the list goes on.