Li Yongbo and Chinese National Team

Discussion in 'Olympics ATHENS 2004' started by heating, Aug 18, 2004.

1. heating

heating New Member

From recent commentations from him on Men's single players' failur at Athens, such as 'they are not well educated, not mentally strong enough to handle the pressure', 'Lin is over-confident', I figure this man is not only arrogant, which, BTW, is well-known, but a Huge prick in the a-s-s. He is not man enough to take the responsibilities of being the head coach; but he is good enough to make ad. shows on television. He has products under his name. He only keep people either willing to kiss his ass or afraid to confront his arrogance. Good coaches, such as Li Mao and Li Lingwei, were forced to leave the team. Great players, Yangyang, Zhao Jianhua......are not willing to come back to China because none of them likes coworking with Li Yongbo. This guy is rude, stupid and takes any chance to show his stupidity. I'm so full of him, hope someday, he will be kicked out.

2. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

I know a former national team player from China, who was a member of Li's squad in the mid 90s. From what I heard, Li was very strict and mean and my friend was physically punished one time when he returned to the training camp late at night. Of course, I could not prove what my friend said is true or not......my friend could make it up.

Anyway, why does Li YungBo get so much negative publicity ? I wonder if anyone in the forum know him personally can speak for him.

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    There are always "2 sides" for a person.

As a coach, I think LYB did his job. As the head coach, the leader of the entire squard, someone need to be the "bad guy" sometimes. What I heard was Li and other coaches shared the duty to act like "red face vs white face". Somehow, Li is more likely take the role of "dictator".

I don't think it's fair to just say Li is a bad coach. He might not be everyone's friend (well, who can be?), but clearly he did his job for pulling the CHN from early 90's slump to today's dominator.