on form again

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by april, Aug 19, 2004.

1. april

april Regular Member

hi anyone here can help me out with some problems? now i'm currently trying to pick up my skills again and what are the possible ways that can make u on form again in the shortest time? and i also have the problem of making a good backhand smash... and maybe becoz i'm short, i find it difficult to smash... i'll have to stand a great distance away from the net to make a smash...

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Find a coach, get one to one training, and play more!

3. ah tat

ah tat Regular Member

student
    do a jump smash at the net =x

4. cheongsa

cheongsa Regular Member

Assistant Professor
    I don't believe there are any shortcuts apart from practice, practice and more practice!

If you find your strokes rusty, then the best thing to do would be to work on them one at a time. I would say start with the forehand clear, and work on it until it becomes consistent. And then work on the backhand clear. Then move on to drop shots and net shots. And then finally to drives and smashes.

Depending on how frequently you play, you would need maybe 50-100 hours of actual practice to get the consistency back. So all in all, it may take anywhere from 3 months (if you play every other day) to half a year (twice a week) to a year (once a week).

During this time you will probably lose every other game that you play. But do not be disheartened. The consistency will soon come back.