decent racquet

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by dootdootmeeep, Aug 19, 2004.

1. dootdootmeeep

dootdootmeeep New Member

i want a decent racquet that is probally for the average badminton player who would like to go more serious any suggestions on what to get?

2. Brave_Turtle

Brave_Turtle Regular Member

Student
    Ti-3, Mp55?

They are cheap... Good to start with even tough Mp55 is a bit on the heavy side

3. firebolt_201

firebolt_201 Regular Member

student
    cab 23 is my best friend

4. junjie

junjie Regular Member

mechanical engineer
    decent racket

Hi Dootdootmeeep,
    You may try RSL Millenium Power 3170. Its decently priced and with a nice feel.
    Its a titanium graphite racket.

Junjie

5. Saiful

Saiful Regular Member

Travel Agency Manager
    Consider buying Victor Super Ti 10 / Protech max amour

6. Bluechalice

Bluechalice Regular Member

Same here

I too am looking for a new rackets...been using my same old one for 18yrs!!!!
    So I am currently looking at Yonex rackets like Mp33 or MP66 or Armortec 500...
    but from what I am finding...it seems like all these rackets seem to break so fast...back when I was playing in highschool...I never saw so many rackets break...what now? Rackets getting more expensive but low quality material? I am mostly about durability of the racket as I am really agressive and smash a lot...so I really want to have confidence in my racket that it wont break on me in the middle of the game...right now I am also looking at the Genji 360 rackets...the ones with 360 Degree Titanium or Nickel around the frame...looks like its more durable...Anyone tried these yet?

7. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    1. Rackets are getting lighter (80g) compare to 105g all metal ones. Graphite ones can't win the war of durability over steel ones, when it comes to clash, bump, etc

2. Now days, we string rackets to 25+ even 30+ lbs. Back then, a 20lb is consider superior. The higher the tension, the more risk we have to take.

3. How many serious player in high school. No offense for competitive HS players here, but just talk about the ratio in general. Someone playing competitive games for 20 hrs per week surely "beat up" the racket(s) much more than a kid looping around shuttle for 2 hrs per week. ;)

8. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Please refer to the guide line to provide a bit more detail: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8426

9. Bluechalice

Bluechalice Regular Member

Everyday of the week

3. How many serious player in high school. No offense for competitive HS players here, but just talk about the ratio in general. Someone playing competitive games for 20 hrs per week surely "beat up" the racket(s) much more than a kid looping around shuttle for 2 hrs per week. ;)[/QUOTE]
    Actually when I was back in Malaysia we played in highschool like 4hrs a day everyday of the week...like school will be from 7am to 1pm...and we would go back and have lunch and come back to school like at 2 or 3pm and play till evening...and even after that when we come back I would play with my neighbour for an extra hour on the street...so the rackets actually took the abuse of indoor playing as well as outdoor(concrete floor/tar/asphalt)...its pretty intense...basically eat sleep badminton...

10. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer

Ok, my bad. I was refering to HS students in US in general. :)