Clubs in Worthing-Lancing W sussex??

Discussion in 'UK' started by chris69, Aug 19, 2004.

1. chris69

chris69 New Member

student
    Hi there does any one know/ or is a member of any Clubs in Worthing or lancing?
    I began playnig badminton at Uni and I wish to continue playing at home throughout the Summer and Winter if that is possible. The last time I played I was of reasonable standard and I wish to clear out the rust and get playing again!
    I prefer feathers but not too bothered so long as club is active with some members of a good standard.
    Many thanks for any info such as times, membership, people can provide me
    The more sessions the better :)

Chris

PS: Gongrats to Nathan Robertson / Gail Emms for their silver!!!

2. sunny

sunny New Member

Senior Sys Developer
    Chris,

I Live in worthing and there are plenty of clubs in Worthing mate. I don't play for any clubs as my standard is not that good but I came to know Arcadians and Non-Descripts have good standard of players.

Pop into "Worthing Leisure Centre" near durrington station and ask for list of badminton clubs at the reception. I'm looking for practise partner in worthing and if you are interested then drop me a PM. :)

cheers
    Sunny

3. chris69

chris69 New Member

student
    Many thanks ill check them out.
    Ideally I need a club of a range of standards from perhaps Novice (Not beginner) to county, I feel thats the best way I can improve so there is always someone there that can push me.
    I must admit I do not know what the standard is like here cos I played up in Leicester I normally enter a tournament at C2 level however right now after being out for so long It would be a while before I started anything competative.
    I would not mind having a practice partner however I would like to play myself in and get into a routine.

Chris

4. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Alright Chris,

Nice to see you joined!

Good luck in finding a club. Did you get the results you were looking for? What you up to now? Send me a PM (top right corner click private messages)

James D

5. Slanter

Slanter Regular Member

Yeah, both Arcadians and Non-Descripts play at Durrington, Non-Descripts has done better in recent years. Arcadians appears to be yet another club who are fighting to stay alive. There are a number of clubs near you, chris, you just have to find the one that suits you. If you want to PM me i can give you a contact for the Worthing league secretary, she will be able to provide you with their details. Depending on your standard you might want to PM andrew cherry who is looking for a training partner...and needs one :D

6. Katy1983

Katy1983 New Member

Clubs in Worthing

Hi Chris,

Did you find any clubs in Worthing? Im 22 and I used to play badminton before going to university and would really like to start again now ive finished uni. Let me know if you find any as im still searching?!! Thanks

Katy

7. Slanter

Slanter Regular Member

Katy my offer still stands. I know several players in West Sussex of various levels and it would be easy to put you in contact with someone who can help you. PM me for further information.

8. Katy1983

Katy1983 New Member

Hi Slanter,

Thank you for replying back, itd be great if you could put me in contact with people of around about my age (22) that I could play with itd be really kind of you. I tried ringing up a lot of the clubs like non-descripts etc but I couldnt afford the membership fee as Im unemployed at the moment.
    I used to play in tournements when I was about 14 but since then only played for fun. If you want to email me if its easier, my email address is: ytak19@hotmail.com

Best Wishes

Katy

9. Slanter

Slanter Regular Member

Sorry Katy, I don't check here as often as I used to. If you're still after information please either post again or PM me. You have several options in Worthing, although they all include a membership fee of some description.

10. a.crane@nbcol.a

a.crane@nbcol.a New Member

Badminton Partner wanted

Hi People

Im enqiring of the same nature really. I can play badminton pretty well but my fitness lets me down at the moment so i am looking for a badminton partner/club to get me into shape and improve my play.

Would anyone like a game? im 28, good fun and easy going so no pressure! I have a car so can travel to different sports centres.

If you want to contact me direct my email is a.crane@nbcol.ac.uk

thanks,

Angela :)

11. Stumpy06

Stumpy06 Regular Member

Wasn't it Gold at Melbourne? Or are you talking about another event that ive missed... :confused:

12. Slanter

Slanter Regular Member

Angela

PM me if you want contact details of clubs or the local league secretary. Give me some idea of your standard or requirements if you want recommendations.

S