User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

someone mentioned gail and nathan trained in denmark. not entirely true. nathan certainly was but came back earlier this year, and over the last few months I have frequently seen him down the nbc where I also train. Indeed on more than one occasion I have been coaching on one court whilst gail and nathan have been training on the next!

certainly having the likes of rexy on the coaching team must have been a big help to all the gb team. he's still a superb athlete.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I can't believe Rexy wants to become an international player again, but than again I can't believe either Kim Dong Moon will quit. At least Park Joo Bong can explain him that he can still be best of the world for some time. Anybody exactly knows the age of Park at the 1996 finals? NOt that young anymore. So maybe I don't know why I am sceptical about Rexy...maybe that just Park was the best ever and a very dedicated person. But who knows, we will see...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rexy, even today is a superb player. Does that mean the English will lose him? If so that'll be a HUGE loss, but he is still incredibly talented, perhaps at Athens he missed it all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Fingers crossed

I believe it is easier to make a come back in doubles than singles. I have read that Rexy still plays a fair bit, though mainly for exhibition purposes. True his body will not be as fit, but what counts in doubles is sharpness. I am a bit too young to have seen Ricky/Rexy play in their prime, but I thought Rexy was the play maker of the pair. Jens Eriksen and that Thai doubles player (Pansvivas ?)proves that you can still play in your 30s at international level if you have that match sharpness. Given a decent partner, I think they can reach semis on a lot of the grand prixs. I hope he really goes for it! Imagine Tony and Rexy or Chandra and Rexy haha! It is doubtful that Tony will come back, but Rexy, Halim, Candra and Sigit can all form potential world class pairs. Not heard much news about Ricky Subjaya though..

They should arrange an exhibition tournament..get Lee Jae Bok, Li Yong Bo, Park Joo Bong and maybe a pair from each country and organise a charity match. If I won the £10 million on the lottery, I would defintely do it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He plays for North Maluku Province with her other brother, Reony Mainaky.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Nicholls
    which brother?

I guess not Richard as he is currently coaching.
    Wasn't Marleve playing under a Swiss flag recently?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Nicholls
    Wasn't Marleve playing under a Swiss flag recently?
    This was only temporary for one or two tournaments last spring.
    I don't know for the details though...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default yes but no (:D)

hello

yes rexy is coming back (to indonesia) he played badminton during the national games individual event (held in palembang last week) i was there. he played doubles with his brother and too bad he lost.

i dunno yet whether he's going to stay and play again or stay as a coach maybe since after palembang i went straight to bali for the tennis tournament so whatever happened in jakarta i am lost LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire Cat
    hello

yes rexy is coming back (to indonesia) he played badminton during the national games individual event (held in palembang last week) i was there. he played doubles with his brother and too bad he lost.

i dunno yet whether he's going to stay and play again or stay as a coach maybe since after palembang i went straight to bali for the tennis tournament so whatever happened in jakarta i am lost LOL
    Well, keep us informed if you learn anything new then!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2