User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Coollang Xiao Yu 2.0 Badminton Racket Tracker

http://www.kicksmarter.com/2015/07/0...sensor-part-2/

Anybody knows if the app comes in English too???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, is this another sensor other than USENSE? Cool, more choices for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just for information : The English app has been released in iOS and Android. They can be found in the app stores. The search keyword is "Intelligent Badminton"
    Coollange XiaoYu 2.0 is only 5 gram, much lighter than USense

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. 6g seems like an improvement over the Usense one but I think it still needs to be lighter. Ideally it shouldn't have any noticeable additional weight on the racquet. Given that an overgrip is around 3g if they can get it down to say 3-4g including the silicone harness that would be perfect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R20190 View Post
    if they can get it down to say 3-4g including the silicone harness that would be perfect.
    they can never get it that light, the harness alone will be 3-4gr (if it is hard plastic, just like a regular end grip)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wonder if it's possible to manufacturer something small enough to go INSIDE the handle..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie-SWUK View Post
    Wonder if it's possible to manufacturer something small enough to go INSIDE the handle..
    Coollang has already worked with some racket manufacturers like Kawasaki, Sotx, Victor etc and integrated the chip inside the rackets. The app has already been customised to the manufacturers and available in the market.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It will be nice if one sensor company can negotiate deals with multiple major racket manufacturers so that they can make a built-in notch to screw the sensor in easily. By the way, Sony's tennis sensor is supported by Wilson, Prince, Yonex and Head.

To have individual sensors on every single racket does not seem to be a very economical solution, unless sensor prices drop even lower. I also do not think it is very difficult to design a screw in notch which you simply screw in the sensor at the bottom to lock it. Built in sensors also have a problem when you charge you, you just simply don't want to plug in the whole racket, or do you? If I have 4 rackets, do I need 4 USB sockets?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by colekwok View Post
    It will be nice if one sensor company can negotiate deals with multiple major racket manufacturers so that they can make a built-in notch to screw the sensor in easily. By the way, Sony's tennis sensor is supported by Wilson, Prince, Yonex and Head.

To have individual sensors on every single racket does not seem to be a very economical solution, unless sensor prices drop even lower. I also do not think it is very difficult to design a screw in notch which you simply screw in the sensor at the bottom to lock it. Built in sensors also have a problem when you charge you, you just simply don't want to plug in the whole racket, or do you? If I have 4 rackets, do I need 4 USB sockets?
    Good point you have.
    1. First About Sony Tennis Sensor, they use a lock attachment so if you have many rackets, you can use one sensor. It costs USD 299 each and there was report that it can still fly off and damaged it
    http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index...-broke.549444/

2. For Coollang Xiaoyu 2.0, it weighs 5g and if you complain that the silicon attachment is too heavy then you can opt for the 3M tape that comes with the package, that will lighten the load. So if you seriously want to use 4 rackets in one game ....you can buy one sensor and attach on 4 rackets, one at a time.

3. For the OEM Kawasaki / SOTX/ Victor rackets for example, there is a miniUSB opening for charging - so you just plug the wire. If you have 4 rackets and you want to sense your play, use the tape.

4. Screwing the sensor, i would imagine you meant having the sensor (without the outer case) direct into the racket...an idea to explore for Coollang to reduce weight, but imagine how are you going to manage the battery, the memory and chipset?? they have already R&D enough to reduce it from 8g to 5g in a total package. i think a 3M tape should suffice.

There should not be a comparison with Sony or Zepp tennis sensor with this XiaoYu 2.0. Xiaoyu price is a small fraction of those Sony, you can afford 4 sensors of different colors and stick on your racket just for the sake of it!

Just my two cents worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I regularly play with three rackets, two are of the same model and one for playing with aggressive partners. As for all the built-in sensors, of course you you need the USB port to charge it, but what I meant was, not many would want to plug in the entire racket for charging. I can easily attach the tiny sensor to my laptop while if I place my own racket on my desk, it would look a bit odd in the office.

The other thing is, I am sure for that, racket companies will certainly charge more than stand alone sensors once they place it inside their grips.

One other thing about these little sensor is the variations in the measurements (well, at least when I tested the other brand). Provided that you attach your sensor to the bottom of the racket with the silicone adaptor, I noticed that the speed of the smashes varied by more than 10% when shift your grip from the bottom towards the cone (more like how professional double players do). My suggestion is that, any sensor manufacturers should try to create an calibration setting for the common rackets so that users will have the flexibility to adjust their settings accordingly.

Just my 2cents from an old man in badminton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I regularly play with three rackets, two are of the same model and one for playing with aggressive partners. As for all the built-in sensors, of course you you need the USB port to charge it, but what I meant was, not many would want to plug in the entire racket for charging. I can easily attach the tiny sensor to my laptop while if I place my own racket on my desk, it would look a bit odd in the office.

The other thing is, I am sure for that, racket companies will certainly charge more than stand alone sensors once they place it inside their grips.

One other thing about these little sensor is the variations in the measurements (well, at least when I tested the other brand). Provided that you attach your sensor to the bottom of the racket with the silicone adaptor, I noticed that the speed of the smashes varied by more than 10% when shift your grip from the bottom towards the cone (more like how professional double players do). My suggestion is that, any sensor manufacturers should try to create an calibration setting for the common rackets so that users will have the flexibility to adjust their settings accordingly.

Just my 2cents from an old man in badminton.
    Hello Colekwok,
    Again you have made very good points on this. I have had feedback sessions with Coollang team that produces these sensors. I was advised that e tolerance on the accuracy for XiaoYu2.0 is close to 100% for speed below 100km/h. less than 10% error between 100-200km/h, while smashes above 200km/h might have error just above 10%.
    Those smart guys over there have advised me also that they have the capability to produce a sensor to consistently deliver accuracy to +/- 5%. the built cost will increase by multi-fold with better gyros, accelerator and blue tooth technology . It will not longer be commercially viable.

Let me send your feedback to Coollang team on the calibration matters for their consideration. I am sure they are receptive with your feedback

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is cool. I also wonder if there are plans to incorporate the options to attach the sensors to tennis and squash rackets? I think that will be the killer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is cool. I also wonder if there are plans to incorporate the options to attach the sensors to tennis and squash rackets? I think that will be the killer.
    The algorithm for different sports would have been different, i supposed .
    My understanding is that there are new devices for other sports in R&D stage now, and Coollang will announce in due course, I am watching very closely too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello Folks we will have a solution in coming weeks for players who wants to include their sensors in the handle..Follow us on Alionax

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I almost got few of XiaoYu2.0 from Shanghai but cancelled my mind. First was because i DID not think there will be english apps for this sensor (which it is), then secondly i do not believe that these small sensor will last longer than the string itself (due to harsh shocks it might constantly received from the impacts), and.... *sorry for the bias* ... it is made in China. Many of my made in China electronic devices could only last few months (except those with branded names).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Badminton racket game analyser, motion trackers or connected sensors

Quote Originally Posted by arfandy View Post
    I almost got few of XiaoYu2.0 from Shanghai but cancelled my mind. First was because i DID not think there will be english apps for this sensor (which it is), then secondly i do not believe that these small sensor will last longer than the string itself (due to harsh shocks it might constantly received from the impacts), and.... *sorry for the bias* ... it is made in China. Many of my made in China electronic devices could only last few months (except those with branded names).
    Hello, you should review your opinion with what we will launch in few days