User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Li Ning N90 III or Z Force II?

Am currently using the zf2 (borrowed) but am quite tempted to purchase the n90III

anyone with experience on both to share?

I'm like to play singles but its hard to get a singles game nowadays, so mainly playing doubles with the zf2.

I have also tested the arc11 and prefer the zf2 head heaviness over it as i can generate more power into my clears and smash with the zf2. Needed more effort with the arc 11. Only issue is that since i've just only started playing again after a 15 year hiatus, the smaller frame of the zf2 affects me and was wondering if the n90 iii a good compromise between hh and frame size

thoughts comments and comparison much appreciated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it really depends, my experience with the n90III is that it is a bit too flexible for my liking... If you like the way the zf2 plays I would recommend a vt80 or a tk9000 or a tk6000. I would say you loose a bit of control compared to the zf2 but it is good with drop shots.

Purely just my experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you for your input. zf2 is a little too stiff for me i think, am getting some pain in my wrists

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have both. ZF2 got more power but less control than N90iii. N90iii has the better ratio control/feel and power. Also ZF2 is alot stiffer.

I like N90iii much better.

I would recommend go for N90.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After a 15-yr hiatus, its recommended to play with a more forgiving racket that is no stiiffer than medium stiff n non-compact head. Suggesting Yonex VT70 (not E-tune) or Victor TK-6ooo (subject to availability).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you find the ZF2 too stiff for your liking but want a head-heavy racket with medium flex then you should try the N90 III. It's a 3U, whereas ZF2 is available in both 3U and 4U.
    I don't know if you were using the 4U version of the ZF2; if so, the N90 III might be a little too slow in defense/drives for doubles. Personally, I think the N90 III defends quite well for a racket with such a high balance point. And it's definitely more forgiving than the extra stiff ZF2...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am using the 4u zf2. Any idea about the power difference? Between the arc11 and zf2 I could feel a big difference in smashing power

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by neonx View Post
    Am using the 4u zf2. Any idea about the power difference? Between the arc11 and zf2 I could feel a big difference in smashing power
    The difference in power shouldn't be that much, because both are head-heavy. There will be a slight difference, though.

It really depends: Some people can generate more powerful shots with a stiff racket, others with medium to flexible rackets. You have to find out for yourself. I don't know if you're experiencing the pain because of your 15 year hiatus or the stiffness of the racket...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob3rt View Post
    The difference in power shouldn't be that much, because both are head-heavy. There will be a slight difference, though.

It really depends: Some people can generate more powerful shots with a stiff racket, others with medium to flexible rackets. You have to find out for yourself. I don't know if you're experiencing the pain because of your 15 year hiatus or the stiffness of the racket...

Im experiencing cause of the stiffness as I don't get it from using the arc11. Which I think is weird cause it takes more effort for basic clears from me when I'm using the arc11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by neonx View Post
    Im experiencing cause of the stiffness as I don't get it from using the arc11. Which I think is weird cause it takes more effort for basic clears from me when I'm using the arc11
    I think its a combination of the head heavyness and stiffness. Head heavy and stiff means that your wrist and arm will be taking full force of dampening the weight of a fast moving heavier object (head).

Arc11 is still stiff (although not as stiff in my experience) but there is less weight in the head that you will need to absorb. Head heaviness should give you more power, which is why clearing is easier.

But as you play more I think clearing will become less of a problem. I hope you do find the racket that works for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i got the n90-iii at a good price and it is pretty much amazing for my current needs. It is head heavy which i like even tho its much heavier than the 4u zf2 i'm used too. control is pretty good and i'm really glad to have made the purchase.

To me i feel like its the best middle ground between the arc11 and zf2. Thank you guys for your inputs!