Results 18 to 34 of 737
Thread: Name your 5 top rackets!!!
08-25-2004, 01:31 AM #18Originally Posted by Wizbit
1) Cab21 - My most trustworthy racket. I always go back to it on my off days.
2) AT800DE - Probably the best racket for those days I'm really on and into the game.
3) MP99 - Good all around racket and flashy looking to boot! ^^
4) TiSP SX - For those days I just wanna hit stuff.... downward.
5) Ti-10 - Same as #4, but only when I'm not lazy enough to hold a heavy feeling racket... which is just about never.
08-25-2004, 08:16 AM #19
MP90 - best all rounder
MP77 - most powerful
Cab22 - most satisfying to use
Cab20 - most forgiving
Ti-10 - best wank factor
08-26-2004, 07:22 AM #20
Here's my 5 cents... and racquets...
1. Boron2... BEST racquet I've used, great control...
2. Cab22... Great control & power...
3. Aerotus110... *as above*
4. MP99... I think it's a nice colour *haha* good feel too...
5. Cab20... comes close to Boron2, but not quite...
09-08-2004, 03:26 AM #21
09-08-2004, 08:41 AM #22
1- Cab21 (3U): This racquet was made for me (Very reliable)
2- Ti-10 (2U): Very Powerful
3- Mp99 (2U): Excell in every part of the game
4- Cab20: Give me solid feel/control
5- Cab30MS: Good overall play
09-08-2004, 03:56 PM #23
1) Yonex AT800DE
2) Prince Moore 85+
3) Carlton Powerblade Rasmussen
4) SOTX Woven 11
5) Yonex AT700
09-08-2004, 04:14 PM #24
1. AT800 OF - So light, so fast, so powerful,best doubles raquet I have used
2. MP 99 - Heavier version of AT 800 OF
3. ISO 800 Tour - Favorite all around racquet,
4. Ti-10 - Stiff as hell, great power, not so good control, fav singles racquet
5. Aerogear 1000FX - at the time so light, so fast, so powerful, but so freaking fragile
09-08-2004, 09:53 PM #25
1. Carlton Airblade Rumussen Tour - year 2004 model, latest the best!?
2. Bobalot Comet - very light, great control
3. Carlton AS-TI - light, good control, good power
4. Carlton Powerflo Classic - the most powerful of all 5, but also the heaviest.
5. Bobalot Chrono - very powerful, but heavy
09-08-2004, 10:41 PM #26
1. Boron 2
2. Cab 20 Power / Cab 22
3. Cab 21
4. Isometric Tour 800
5. Carlton Airblade Tour
09-09-2004, 03:56 AM #27
Hmm........My favourite rackets would be.....
1. AT 800DE - Would like to get one, however it's quite expensive
2. MP 99 - Best all around racket. So powerful. Love the colour!
3. Ti SP SR - Great power and control. Looks awesome with black string.
4. MP 88 - My first Yonex racket, can be used in both single and double play.
5. ISO 900 SP SS - Great balance, good feel. Just swing it!
09-09-2004, 04:37 AM #28
so can we tabulate this and come out with a concensus of the top 5?
anybody got the time?
09-19-2004, 02:13 AM #29
mp24 3uG3 - awesome racket..like it for singles
at700 4uG5 - my main doubles racket..lightnpowerful
at300 3uG3 - really easy to use..very good racket.
mp33 3uG3 - i just love doing my backhand shots with this racket..wohooo
cab20sp 2uG3 - on a good day..it's unbeatable..but tiring
09-19-2004, 02:36 AM #30
1. Armortec700 3U (using)
2. Armortec700 3U (using)
3. MusclePower100 3U (not using)
4. MusclePower100 3U (not using)
5. MusclePower 99 3U (not using)
09-19-2004, 03:00 AM #31
In this order:
1) AT700 SP 3UG4 - good balance of control and power.
2) Ti10 SP 2UG4 - power!!!
3) MP100 CP 2UG3 - good balance of control and power... but too stiff!
4) MP99 SP 2UG4 - kick-butt control and flex but can certainly use a little more power.
5) Iso800Tour CP 2UG3 great control. unfortunately, its not long... and very low powered.
But more importantly, all must be strung with BG66 at 27 lbs.
09-21-2004, 06:34 AM #32
maybe someone can collect these data and update the ranking of the most popular racquets... such as allocating 5 pts for the top choice, and 1 point for the 5th choice? maybe i'll do that when i'm free...
keep your fingers crossed....
09-21-2004, 07:39 AM #33
MP 99 - 45 (15 votes)
Ti-10 - 37 (11 votes)
AT-800 DE - 37 (8 votes)
AT-700 - 28 (8 votes)
AT-800 OF - 20 (4 votes)
MP 100 - 19 (6 votes)
Cab 20 - 16 (8 votes)
Boron 2 - 15 (3 votes)
Cab 21 - 13 (3 votes)
MP 77 - 12 (4 votes)
Cab 13 - 8 (2 votes)
Ti SP SX - 7 (2 votes)
ISO 800 Tour - 6 (3 votes)
AT 500 - 6 (2 votes)
Cab 30 MS - 5 (2 votes)
Carlton Airblade Rasmussen Tour - 5 (1 vote)
MS 24 - 5 (1 vote)
Ti-7 - 4 (3 votes)
Prince Moore 85+ - 4 (1 vote)
Babolat Chrono - 4 (2 votes)
Babolat Comet - 4 (1 vote)
AT 300 - 3 (1 vote)
Ti SP SR - 3 (1 vote)
Carlton AS-TI - 3 (1 vote)
Carlton Powerblade Rasmussen - 3 (1 vote)
Aerotus 110 - 3 (1 vote)
ISO TIS - 3 (1 vote)
ISO Ti SS - 3 (1 vote)
BridgeStone SV-Ti 3000 - 2 (1 vote)
Black Knight PC68 - 2 (1 vote)
SOTX Woven 11 - 2 (1 vote)
Carlton PowerFlow Classic - 2 (1 vote)
MP 33 - 2 (1 vote)
MP 88 - 2 (1 vote)
Wilson HyperCarbon 5.0 - 2 (1 vote)
Carlton Airblade Tour - 1 (1 vote)
Aerogear FX1000 - 1 (1 vote)
SOTX Woven 2 - 1 (1 vote)
Pointfore 5500 Ti - 1 (1 vote)
Victor Atomic II -
RSL Millennium 3200 -
Ti-3 - 1 (1 vote)
This statistics is being collected in the best possible manner.
However, some errors and pointers to take note of:-
1) i may have got some of the names of the racquets wrongly. so pls correct me if there's any discrepancies.
2) some of the racquets, i suppose, are being voted because they are the most hyped-up and most current among the collection... so it all boils down to one's opinion in the end....
3) some good racquets do not have their names on the ranking list because they may lack in the publicity and promotion. and even if some models are lowly-ranked, it's due to their inadequate (or lack of) authorised dealers in their area...
4) Some of the votes may not be exactly accurate during the process of tabulation and also sometimes voters had double-entried their favourite racquet models...
5) This ranking system DOES NOT reflect the exact popularity of each model... some prefer different weight and grip size, though of the same model.
6) i suppose all these votes are rather opinionated and does not reflect the exact performance of each racquet. you may say 'to each his own'....
7) this ranking system should not sway your initial perceptions and preferences of certain models... do and buy what you think you like the most...(just like in idol contests, the most popular may not necessarily means the best among all)
8) note that some votes are posted due to the nostalgia factor, rather than reflecting the authentic performance of the racquet itself...
That's all for the time being, folks. hope y'all are satisfied with it.. i'll try to update it as and when i'm free....
09-21-2004, 02:44 PM #34
1. MP99 2U CP
- weight lighter than 3U and heavy head racket, but smashing power is owesome. Drive, smash, drop, return, backhand, net control,... all performs excellent. (CP, not SP/GR/TH) Never tried such a good racket. Unfortunately, I borrow it from someone. It's not mine.
2. Cab 21 (2U) (150723SP)
- as stiff as Ti10 2U I have, feel like 3U, but even balance and very good and lightening response on return smash. Smashing is powerful. Good for double. However, it had been broken after it crashed my partner's racket!
3. Ti10 (2U) (2001 HK)
- a rare head light Ti10. Feel similar as above Cab 21 (2002) but overall heavier. Smashing power is owesome. Defense is okay because it is head-light. I like it's sound when it hit the bird really hard. Hope it last longer than Cab 21.
4. ISO Swing Power 900 SS
- light, stiff and powerful (less power than the above rackets). Forgiveness but too 'ISO' square make it less power than oval, oval-like ISO (=ISO800) and oval-like small frame ISO (=MP99, the frame area is the same as oval frame if you compared it with Cab 21 ).
5. ISO Tour 800
- excellent back court to back court driver . Powerhouse is her weakness. But very steady and accurate shot make you can put the birdie to the place you want. Weight is very heavy and the shaft is too thick.
Last edited by Swingman; 09-21-2004 at 02:46 PM.
By mms6a in forum Badminton Rackets / EquipmentReplies: 3: 01-08-2012, 11:05 PM
By dickson825 in forum Buy & SellReplies: 0: 09-03-2011, 10:38 AM
By Noobsmash in forum Identify Fake RacketReplies: 32: 02-28-2010, 07:18 AM
By DinkAlot in forum Buy & SellReplies: 7: 09-18-2009, 04:41 PM
By molex in forum Badminton StringReplies: 3: 08-27-2009, 02:19 PM