prince TTT warrior racket

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by dtysw, Aug 23, 2004.

1. dtysw

dtysw Regular Member

Dear all

Have I boobed and bought the wrong racket. I purchased the warrior by Prince at a bargain of £39.99 the other day and I thought I had bought a bargain but reading folks comments looks like Prince rackets do not have the reputation that others like Yonex and Carlton have.
    Please let me know your thoughts on the Warrior by Prince as I would be most grateful, many thanks.

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Players have the skills, and make the strokes, but not the racket. TTT warrior is a great choice, if you prefer light (and balanced) racket. The price seems good. I've seem player who using Prince TTT as her racket, and kick butt easily around my local area (even beat national ranked players).

Just remember, not everyone using Yonex $200+ racket is a world champion. ;)

3. RealMad

RealMad Regular Member

Don't worry. That racket is fine. The T-joint is a good all around racket. The Y-joint is ridiculously light and very easy to play with. It just lacks somewhat in the power department but that's the tradeoff for the big face & sweetspot. Honestly, I feel like there's no smash/drive I can't catch with that racket (assuming I can reach it, of course).

The only lookout (although it's a big one) is the durability. The thing breaks like anything. I caught a shuttle on the frame with a smash and there was a crack. A week later, the crack kept getting bigger til the thing just collapsed on its own.

So you'll have to baby the racket otherwise, I'd be surprised if it lasts you a year. I broke two in two months, complained and then the store replaced one of them. I gave it to my girlfriend and she's being doing really well with it although admittedly, she doesn't hit very hard. If it's intact though, it's a great racket.

4. Rai_Korei

Rai_Korei Regular Member

Racquet Stringer
    Bah...

Well, even though indeed it is the player's skills that are more important, but I believe a good racquet would allow a player to improve better and faster, if the player really wants to do so, because, a racquet has limits.

Like IF you're going to use some 20 dollar steel racquet, I'd think it'd be harder to improve with. Even though the TTT Warrior is like, Prince's top racquet, I don't know how well Prince does in badminton. But my guess is, not very good. Well, it is just how Yonex is the top badminton manufacturer in the world, and experience and reputation matters from my perspective.

And then there's also cheap Yonex clones, such as Trump's "Armor Power 701" which is a Yonex Armortec 700 clone. I just heard today from a guy who bought the clone, broke it by trying to smash, but missed and hit the frame, so the frame cracked.

So I guess what I am trying to say is, if you're going to be playing seriously, buy something of quality like Yonex's higher end racquet, or even the Carbonex 30 Muscle, which I think would be nice. If you are just playing for fun, who cares? And if you are wondering whether I am a "Yonex Man," I am, so what I said might be biased, hahaha, Yonex rules!

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I don't want to repeat all the debates in "Yonex vs others" thread(s). But just say, market strategy is one of the most important factors in business. From what you say, I can see that Yonex did a very good job in this category. :)

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Very true. However, the determine factor for select racket is not the brand name, it's if this particular racket fit for you strength / style / buget range or not.

Like I metioned in my earlier reply, I already metioned that TTT warrior is a good pick, if someone prefer very light (only 79g) and balanced racket. Also, seems the purchased price is not bad at all. ;)

7. dtysw

dtysw Regular Member

Prince TTT warrior

I appreciate your honesty and comments regarding the Prince warrior racket, and I am well aware that the racket does not maketh the man but the other way around. Yes budget was a big factor and OK the racket is different and i shall take on board the various concerns about the strength or lack of it, and shall hopefully be careful, but if things go wrong I shall be back on this site to ask for advice on the next option, that is if things break, as some are suggesting may happen. Many thanks and any other comments welcome.

8. Rai_Korei

Rai_Korei Regular Member

Racquet Stringer
    Yonex vs Prince in these little case.

Eh, perhaps Yonex has better marketing-ousity (hahaha, and obviously), but am I not wrong that Yonex does give more information on racquets they make, what style and what not? Unlike Prince, who just makes a bunch of racquets, and does not seem to say what is so good about it. All I've ever seen Prince's info on it is how light it is, and what it is made of. But what about tension? What is so good about it? What style is it for? What is the balance? Because Yonex does give out such information, and even though it might, just MIGHT be propaganda, I must say, it at least makes deciding between these 2 brands easier. (For me anyways, regardless of the price.)

9. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    It's true that Yonex listed a lot of stuff in its specifications. However, whether the information are accurate or mis-leading depends on different person. Many members here raised about questions regarding to the accuracy about yonex's spec and chart.

To me, the so-call rating is just personal preference. A racket might feel very light to you, but might be very heavy to me. Some ppl looking for 4u-, well others still try to dig out the U+ ones. Therefore, a simple rating like heavy, light, stiff, flex, etc can't really be 100% accurate for everyone.

Try it, then buy it. That's all I can say. :)

10. Rai_Korei

Rai_Korei Regular Member

Racquet Stringer
    Eh, just saying. I am still a pro Yonex kinda guy. Only other companies I am OK with are ones like Gosen and Pro Ace. Maybe Kason. But still, maybe companies like Prince and Wilson try to get into the badminton market and what not, but still, bah...I heard Pro Kennex used to be a good badminton manufacturer, but I haven't seen any "quality" Pro Kennex product for as long as I have played badminton (16 months). Only good racquets I used were a Yang Yang brand Clonex, and all others were Yonex. But whatever, just saying. And man, Yonex's Armortec 700 is such a great racquet. Wooo! Hella better than the MP77 I was using, which rivaled the "Yang Yang JSmash 8500" Clonex.

11. MEL888

MEL888 Regular Member

breaks easily

I was looking for a budget racquet before i bought my yonex carbonex and saw this prince warrior it really is eye catching for a good price but later was advised by almost all professional stringers not to buy it coz of customers complaints offrame structure failure after stringing it.. even one well known shop here told me that during a demo by prince one of the prince warriors collapsed:eek:

12. MEL888

MEL888 Regular Member

tested

if your gonna buy a racquet, i suggest you buy something that is tried, tested and has known reputation(Yonex) so that u can compare it easily with other models, then you dont have to blame the racquet since its being used by world champions:D

you dont wna waste your money with some gimmick/(experimental) racquet.

13. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Hmmmm, really...

A local player using Prince racket throughout her career, I think. Her 1st TTT warrior snapped after about 1.5 yrs of usage due to racket clash (well, any racket might break after that huge clash).

With limited experience on this racket, I am not sure how accurate the above information could be. I mean, I've seen 2-3 yonex rackets got seriously manufacture defect issues right out of the box (w/o string). Can I claim that Yonex is even worse, as the "bad example" is even double or triple of Prince racket??? :cool:

14. hybridragon

hybridragon Regular Member

Student
    well i think there might be special circumstances if a racket breaks very fast.... so you cannot really say that a company is bad because of 1 or 2 experiences... anyways back to the subject of Prince TTT Warrior.... played w/ this racket a few times and i must say that this racket is pretty good.... so i would recommend it if you like a lite even balanced racket (not head heavy)...

*have a nice day*:D

15. sky racket

sky racket Regular Member

you said it yourself. a racquet has limits. isn't yonex's warranty applicable only to it's recommended tension? string it higher than the recommended tension and it voids you of the warranty in case it breaks. i know someone who broke his mp77 the first or second time of use. didn't serve him much use. i wouldn't recommend high end rackets to beginners even if they were that serious on improving their skills. but it's really up to them if they can afford expensive/high end rackets.

prince rackets that i've seen offers enough information like material, weight, balance, flexibilty, amount of tension it can take. a pretty decent brand if you ask me. know the specs of the racquet and you'll know pretty much what type of game it is good for.

i'd also like to add. iv'e played with a player using a yonex armortec 800. imho, the racket didn't improve his game. he played the same type of game. game after game. that was what we observed. i'm sure his claim would be different.:)

16. MEL888

MEL888 Regular Member

wrong model

sori i was referring to the prince storm Ti

forgive me i double checked it

17. dtysw

dtysw Regular Member

Prince TTT warrior

:)
    I appreciate the interest that this has generated as you can really tell the difference between a "fairminded" person who is not totally stuck on one make, and another who can look at the subject from all angles etc., so thanks for helping to put my mind at ease.
    saying that my club restarts after the summer break on Monday and I shall keep you posted how I get on and if the Prince Warrior turns out to be a "cracking" buy!!!!!!?????

18. sky racket

sky racket Regular Member

glad to be of help. just remember to keep your options open. what might work for others might not work for you. choosing a racket is trial and error. i'm an rsl user, but i would also like to get a prince racket, but i'd still have to save for it though.:) not that i'm not satisfied with my racket. i love my racket. just that i would like to try other brands and makes as well. and sort of have my own collection. i'v heard so much about the Prince NXGraphite 85. you might also want to consider this racket an option.:)

19. dtysw

dtysw Regular Member

Prince Warrior

Well I've had two nights at my club with the new racket, and yes I think I have chosen well. The weight suits me and well I am managing to return my shots and smashing, OK a bit more power required but getting used to it and really pleased.
    Had one clash with another racket and all OK and shall be careful with it.
    I am really please that my racket that I got for half price at £39.99 has lived up to expectations and thanks to all who were open minded enough to give me the thumbs up.:p

20. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Glad that u enjoyed the purchase. :p