Greetings from Seattle...

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by ldo123, Aug 23, 2004.

1. ldo123

ldo123 New Member

hey guys, my name is Laurence. I'm a student at the University of Washington and play about twice a week during the school year, usually at a gym near my house or at the UW gym, aka the IMA. (anyone play there?) summers, I play a bit more. this one I've even convinced myself to go to the Supershuttlecock camp:D I don't think I'm that bad, but then again some people at the gym could wipe the court with me. Since I didn't know jack about rackets when I bought mine, I use a Victor Ti-1... a sad, sad racket compared to the real stuff. I've also been told the strings are way too loose, which is proly why I can't feel my arm after the first half dozen smashes :rolleyes: I've played for a long time, but I used to only mess around. Now I find that I am getting more and more into badminton, and want to play seriously and get better. so. Look for me at the 2008 Olympics!... jk... no really...;)

-Laurence

2. Break-My-String

Break-My-String Regular Member

Hey Lawrence, welcome to the forum!

SuperShuttlecock Camp?! :eek: Sounds like pure FUN! :D

If your strings are too loose, maybe it's time to get it restrung, then see if your arms still feels like falling off at the joints!

Cheers!

Send us daily posts on your baddy camp! I'm pretty sure there are lots of BFers who would be interested!

3. ldo123

ldo123 New Member

hahah it's actually a camp for ages 11-18 or something. not that exciting... just a lot of drills + some more drills. but I suppose that's how you get better. at least we can finally beat some of the adult teams at the gym:D though one of the super-smash-you-into-the-ground guys beat us 2v1 using the same tactic every game >< Someday... there'll be payback:p

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer

That is right. It takes a lot of practice to get better and consistant. 2008 Olympics? If that's the case, guess now I can beg you for your autograph, before it rocks to $100,000 on ebay, when you raise the trophy. :D

5. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Welcome to BadmintonForum, Ido123 ... how're the games at the gyms you play at? Do yo go with your friends, or just drop in?

-dave

6. ldo123

ldo123 New Member

I just drop in, although usually I try to get one of my 4 friends who play badminton to meet me there. (sadly, only one of them plays regularly) There're only three courts, so there's hella wait time when the gym gets crowded. at least there's a sign up board. the gym I used to play at was first come first serve... messed up. Player level is a little polarized, I think. some people who play there regularly are hella good and are pretty serious about playing their best. others who only show up once a month or so seem to be playing more of a game than a sport... verrry annoying. most players are very friendly and curteous, except the fools who warm up for 10 mins despite the fact that they've already played three games:mad: can't wait for school to start so I can use the university courts:rolleyes:

#6 ldo123, Aug 31, 2004
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2004