Scratches on frame during restringing...

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by hower, Aug 24, 2004.

1. hower

hower Regular Member

Recently I restring my racket at one of the shop at Bras Basah (Singapore). It was a reputated shop selling sports equipment, so I assume they should be professional enough to take care of my racket.

But only after I reach home, I realise that they are so many scratches on the frame (between string holes). Obviously the restringer is using a sharp object to move the string during the process. It is so unprofessional. I doubt I can get any refund from them.

Do you guys face with such problem? Any advise how can I avoid this again? Will some advise before it start help, and monitor the whole process to prevent it?

2. hower

hower Regular Member

No one face this problem before??? :crying:

3. ayl

ayl Regular Member

Professional procrastinator
    G'day,

That's pretty crap of your stringer to scratch your racket, shows that they paid little care during restringing process. Wouldn't go back to them. But if it is only scratches on your racket then count your blessings. If you see dints on your frame, panic. And demand a new racket as the frame's permantly damanged and probably will fail in the near future when you execute a big smash.

4. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    The stringer was obviously careless, but a few scratches isn't worth losing sleep over. Next time you clash with your doubles partner, you'll forget they're even there! :p

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    The scratches are around what area? I mean, if a stringer does pre-string, I doubt he really need to use sharp object (besides string weaver) to move string around or go through gromments.

To avoid this issue? Get another stringer to do the job. :)

6. hower

hower Regular Member

I believe the scratches is done when trying to remove the older strings away from the racket... As it look like it is used to hook out the strings... I did not see the whole process as I thought they will take care of it... seems like I am wrong...

I will not go back again, and will try the shop nearby... and this time I will stand there to see the whole process and stop whatever is not right...

Just my luck... :mad:

7. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I don't think the stringers need any tools to remove the old string. Maybe the scratch is from the poles? I mean, maybe he did not tighten the screw(s) properly when he tried to lock the racket in position???

8. hower

hower Regular Member

I doubt so... there are many scratches at different location... all in between the string holes, 1 scratches each... Some light, some deep... :mad:

I dun think the screws will create a short sharp scratches... :(