User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Badminton Central has to add a Joke/Riddle Thread Forum. A very good one MARK A! The credit should go on and not fade. Calling on the moderators, hello, knock knock!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here I got one, so bare with my VENT.

I play badminton regularly at my local community center, about a year ago I've started stringing for people who i play with, and occasionally players will also ask me to string. I charge 15$ (bg65 and service) which is average around my area.

First off, I have confidence in my stringing as I string my rackets well above 27lbs regularly with no problem.

A week and a half ago, a new player asked me to string 3 rackets, which I agreed to after inspecting the rackets. He mention hes in a rush to use them, but I told him it usually take a week turn-around as I have full time school, and work and he said its ok. After 3 days I called him and said they're ready, and then he low balled me for a discount, or 40 bucks for 3 rackets strung and he'll pay by cheque. I kindly explained my prices are competitive and only cash deals, but I agreed to go out of my way to deliver the rackets which is quite far from where I live and where we played since he's in a rush. I arrived early because he said he get off at a certain time, 30mins passed the time he gets off work and no one went in or out of the house and he did not pick up my calls so I left. He calls me 4 hours later saying his phone was on silent. GREAT. A week gone by the time I dropped by and now he asked me to deliver to another place where hes playing, so he can give me a cheque. I said I will not as I have better use of my time than to drive 20 mins to receive a ___ing cheque. I'll leave it at my house, but if he decide to comes and offer me a cheque I'll have a pair of scissors ready, he can have his racket, and I'll bare the sunk cost, this is pure cow dung.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Distanc3 View Post
    Here I got one, so bare with my VENT.

I play badminton regularly at my local community center, about a year ago I've started stringing for people who i play with, and occasionally players will also ask me to string. I charge 15$ (bg65 and service) which is average around my area.

First off, I have confidence in my stringing as I string my rackets well above 27lbs regularly with no problem.

A week and a half ago, a new player asked me to string 3 rackets, which I agreed to after inspecting the rackets. He mention hes in a rush to use them, but I told him it usually take a week turn-around as I have full time school, and work and he said its ok. After 3 days I called him and said they're ready, and then he low balled me for a discount, or 40 bucks for 3 rackets strung and he'll pay by cheque. I kindly explained my prices are competitive and only cash deals, but I agreed to go out of my way to deliver the rackets which is quite far from where I live and where we played since he's in a rush. I arrived early because he said he get off at a certain time, 30mins passed the time he gets off work and no one went in or out of the house and he did not pick up my calls so I left. He calls me 4 hours later saying his phone was on silent. GREAT. A week gone by the time I dropped by and now he asked me to deliver to another place where hes playing, so he can give me a cheque. I said I will not as I have better use of my time than to drive 20 mins to receive a ___ing cheque. I'll leave it at my house, but if he decide to comes and offer me a cheque I'll have a pair of scissors ready, he can have his racket, and I'll bare the sunk cost, this is pure cow dung.
    bs

but I've had similar experiences dealing with people on redflags in Toronto as well...
    Last edited by ryim_; 12-01-2009 at 09:52 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2